• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Audiovisual Practice with LUMIX FZ70 and GH4 with 28mm. and 16mm. lenses

ralke

(҂ ͠❛ ෴ ͡❛)ᕤ
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
ralke23
Twitch
ralke23
Hi ppl! Yesteday I did an skating video of people at park, wanted to share and ask for feed! I will really appreciate any opinion, here's the link to it

I have arround 200 videos of my own skating process and people skating, been practicing vert for two months after skating to university, job, and other places for almost two years. Learned on the process many stuff, like routes, good set-ups for skates, and a full set of how to begin to ride pool bowls without fear. Here's the learning process for audio (removed every voice from first seconds) Material Audiovisual LC Park II (prod. LUMIX DMC-FZ70) (https://www.behance.net/gallery/172314751/Material-Audiovisual-LC-Park-II-(prod-LUMIX-DMC-FZ70)

Regards!

Dropped a second video, please support and if you like please subscribe!

This video is much longer and has some shots of Ollies, Flips and a little Vert Tutorial with subs. I'm attempting to do daily/weekly stuff so any feedback is very welcome! I have no knowledge of what i'm actually doing and any comment could be helpfull. Regards and thanks for watching ;)

Second cut for skating day reducing 58:00 minutes of camera to 15:00 ^^, enjoy guys!!

Changelogs
Code:
- Reduced camera time from 58:00 to 15:00 minutes
- Made cuts for every video with the proper speed and timing
- Added songs for every chapter of the video
- Desgined intro/outro based on #goskateboardingday logo
- Gamma correct (mostly to 2.6)
- Color correct and gradients as multiply layer to enhance ambient

Regards and thanks for watching!
Post automatically merged:

# Updated

Changed the video for a new one with better sound.
Changelogs
Lua:
- Added dialogue leveler, limiter, and 3 / 4 band equalizers
- Manually balanced audio volume from all videos on the compilation
- Updated song to original The Pharcyde - Runnin' (prod. by J-Dilla)

Last edited:
Changed camera to Gh4 + Rokinon 16 mm. Hope I can film some skating videos with this one, here's a camera test at Parque Metropolitano

Another one with lumix GH4 and rokinon 16mm recorded on September 2023, just finished it ^^ (had it on stand by till' i had some time to edit it)

New one, used 16mm and now tested 96/24 fps for slow-motion.
Liked the result a lot! I appear at the beginning (already been 1 year skating at park) ^^

Hi ppl! Yesteday I did an skating video of people at park, wanted to share and ask for feed! I will really appreciate any opinion, here's the link to it

I have arround 200 videos of my own skating process and people skating, been practicing vert for two months after skating to university, job, and other places for almost two years. Learned on the process many stuff, like routes, good set-ups for skates, and a full set of how to begin to ride pool bowls without fear. Here's the learning process for audio (removed every voice from first seconds) Material Audiovisual LC Park II (prod. LUMIX DMC-FZ70) (https://www.behance.net/gallery/172314751/Material-Audiovisual-LC-Park-II-(prod-LUMIX-DMC-FZ70)

Regards!

Nice song!
Perfect for this morning

Some tips:
  • Film against the sun is not wrong but artistic, especially in skate videos those shots fit really well, but not every shot will work if shot against the sun for example when having people standing in your shot.
  • Keep an eye on the lightning of the scene, you always want to have more light than needed, which you can always fix in post-production.
  • I suggest if you film at specific locations, multiple times, you can make a color correction "template" that you can just throw over your sequence, this way, even if you change scenes, the colors will all be the same and not jumping all over.
  • I used to chop and cut a lot when I was making skate videos for my friends, you could do that aswell, the moment someone does a trick, remove a handful of frames during the skateboards "airtime" you will get get some kind of stop motion effect which looks really awesome, its like the tricks are performed in slow motion.

- One last tip, get a GoPro and wrap lots of ducttape around it, and assemble it under the skateboard or just on top, the shots you get from that are magnificent, although have broken like 2 GoPros already during such a process :D

Props for using Nujabes under your videos, he is the best!

Last edited:
Nice song!
Perfect for this morning

Some tips:
  • Film against the sun is not wrong but artistic, especially in skate videos those shots fit really well, but not every shot will work if shot against the sun for example when having people standing in your shot.
  • Keep an eye on the lightning of the scene, you always want to have more light than needed, which you can always fix in post-production.
  • I suggest if you film at specific locations, multiple times, you can make a color correction "template" that you can just throw over your sequence, this way, even if you change scenes, the colors will all be the same and not jumping all over.
  • I used to chop and cut a lot when I was making skate videos for my friends, you could do that aswell, the moment someone does a trick, remove a handful of frames during the skateboards "airtime" you will get get some kind of stop motion effect which looks really awesome, its like the tricks are performed in slow motion.

- One last tip, get a GoPro and wrap lots of ducttape around it, and assemble it under the skateboard or just on top, the shots you get from that are magnificent, although have broken like 2 GoPros already during such a process :D

Props for using Nujabes under your videos, he is the best!
thanks for the feed! :) I'll try to apply

@onTopic one more in two versions, i'm making a little progress skating, not sure if is correct to call the trick a 180 backside slash grind early grab, but here goes ^^

short version:

large version (full day session):

Back