• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Australia] Years of Decay 10.77 RL RPG OTS

Yodot

Reaction score
[Australia] Years of Decay 10.77 RL RPG OTS

We're backkkkk!

** Australian RL RPG OTS **

Greetings all,

Years of Decay presents Austerror, an Australian RL OTS (hosted in Texas due to various reasons).

Austerroris an 10.77 OT running a RL map.

Skills and Experience: 10x (staged).

Magic: 3x.

In-game Account Manager: No.

No Lag, 24/7 dedicated server.

Everyone is welcome to play on this RPG server and join the Austerror community.

Cheers.

Go forth adventurer and make your stake in, what is, the Years of Decay.

Years of Decay is a 10.77 server intended for role playing.

Rates have been kept low to try to encourage RPG instead of PG.
So why not join us, you wont be dissapointed.
IP: austerror.dyndns.org
Port: 7171

Look forward to seeing you online.

GM Yodot.

Last edited:
Being RL, I'm not sure what sort of pics would be expected. I'll endeavour to get some though, and place them into the original post.

Thanks for the input.

wouldnt this make it an american OT if its hosted there?

Technically, yes, and on otservlist.org it is listed as American. The reason I have labelled it as Australian here is due to the fact it is an Australian community, run by Australians. I have, in the past, run the OT from an Australian host, but due to DDOS attacks, I am no longer permitted to rent an Australian server as they cannot mitigate the DDOS attacks, and it was affecting the rest of their clients.

Rest assured, my server is no threat to yours as I cater for the non-PvP players.

Good luck with your server, and hopefully you don't suffer the same fate as my Australian hosted server.

Regards,
Yodot.

Sad about the ddos attacks... can i ask who your provider was?

Sad about the ddos attacks... can i ask who your provider was?

VPSBlocks is their name.

This is their email to me (before the back and forth, which is quite amusing in itself).

Dear Dxxxx Cxxxxxxxx (Austerror),

This is a notification that your service has now been suspended. The details of this suspension are below:

Product/Service: 1 Windows Block
Domain: vps.yodot.ssdhosts.com.au
Amount: $24.95 AUD
Due Date: 09/11/2013
Suspension Reason: DDOS Attack

http://www.vpsblocks.com.au
VPSBLOCKS PTY LTD
ABN: 80157813235
Ph: 1300 839 448

-----------------------------------------

Hi Dxxxx,

Unfortunately your VPS was subject to 3 DDOS attacks in the last week. Due to this we simply cannot host your VPS, it has affected our entire network on each occasion.

We do realise this is not generally your fault, however, there really isn't an option at our end as the DDOS attacks have been too large for us to mitigate ourselves within our internal infrastructure (e.g. they are saturating the entire peering links).

Firstly, I'd recommend you look at either large US based hosts which can consume these kinds of attacks and mitigate them inhouse. Or alternatively, look at the largest providers in the Australian market (companies such as web24.com.au who may be able to mitigate the attacks themselves).

As a result of the attacks we've had to null route your IP address. If you need to get anything off the VPS please let us know and we'll bring it up on an alternative IP address solely so you can grab data from it.

I'm sorry about that Dxxxxx, unfortunately given the circumstances we really have little choice in situations such as this.

Thanks
Will

VPSBlocks Support Department
http://www.vpsblocks.com.au
SSD Based VPS Cloud Hosting
Proudly Australian

Yeah i had the same issue with another VPS provider cant remember the name.. I just blocked all traffic from china and resolved itself lol

Back