• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Auto Mapper from Screen Shots

Is this a good idea?

• Good

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Bad

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really doubt you can track maps from images, since there is no way to extract stackposes and I guess the lighting is a problem too.

So what happens when there's carpet over a tile? Or screens shots from the top floor how would you see under roofs.. You would have to get an image of every floor..?. cant track teleport locations, plus if you tracked the monsters too your spawns will be completely different because monsters move around.. can you imagine trying to track Cipsoft map by just taking images of everything? That would take you 10 years.. To me the hassle seems to outweigh getting an accurate tracked map.... What I do is put tibia on one monitor.. map editor on the other.. xD But I still think the idea is great

Last edited:
So what happens when there's carpet over a tile? Or screens shots from the top floor how would you see under roofs.. You would have to get an image of every floor..?. cant track teleport locations, plus if you tracked the monsters too your spawns will be completely different because monsters move around.. can you imagine trying to track Cipsoft map by just taking images of everything? That would take you 10 years.. To me the hassle seems to outweigh getting an accurate tracked map.... What I do is put tibia on one monitor.. map editor on the other.. xD But I still think the idea is great

You are right, it can be hard to get some things done with just a screenshot (or more). Sometimes even mapping manually can be confusing...
Things like carpet over floor, teleport location or monsters can be adjusted.
I believe it wouldn't be used for mass mapping, but rather just certain pieces.

Back