• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

GlobalEvent auto promote to admin

ghettobird

LUA newbie
Reaction score
heya, as the title says it auto promotes players to admins, now i know this is totally useless but what if you got a test server but you don't have a database and you don't wanna waste your time? then you just put on this script so you can show the server to whoever u wanna show it to.

Code:
-- scripted by Ghettobird --
function onThink(interval, lastExecution, thinkInterval)
    for _, pid in ipairs(getPlayersOnline()) do
        player = getPlayerByName(pid)
        if getPlayerGroupId(player) < 6 then -- this means if the player is lower than group id 6 he will be auto promoted to group id 6
            doPlayerSetGroupId(player, 6) -- the group id that the player will get.
        end
    end
    return true
end

Both SQLite and MySQL is using database but I guess some may find this useful though. :p

Last edited:
I would done it onlogin, instead have a globalevent checking.

@ cyko, something like this?
Code:
-- scripted by ghettobird --
function onLogin(cid)
    local group = getPlayerGroupId(cid) -- this is just to shorten the script out, so that means when i say group it will check player group id

if group <= 1 then -- this means if the player is lower or equal to group id 1 he will get set to group id 6

doPlayerSetGroupId(cid, 6) -- group id you want

doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid,MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR,"You have been promoted to an admin!") -- this sends the player a messgae saying "you have been promoted to an admin"

end
                        return true
                            end
I had some free time so i explained some lines :p

Back