• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

AutoLoot System for tfs 1.x

this seems to ignore alot of the newer monsters any ideas how to fix that? no errors ~

this seems to ignore alot of the newer monsters any ideas how to fix that? no errors ~

what do you mean by newer monsters? and care to share some screenshot or gift of the problem and steps of how to reproduce it

what do you mean by newer monsters? and care to share some screenshot or gift of the problem and steps of how to reproduce it
well not only new i guess its just some monsters. example is otherworld monsters (Sparkion, Breach brood, reality reaver, dread intruder) the autolooter wont pickup any loot from them, dont really need to reproduce it just never loots them.

well not only new i guess its just some monsters. example is otherworld monsters (Sparkion, Breach brood, reality reaver, dread intruder) the autolooter wont pickup any loot from them, dont really need to reproduce it just never loots them.

aren't they reward bosses? I don't think this autoloot works with it

did you configure their corpses correctly on items.xml?
example:
XML:
<item id="2806" article="a" name="dead troll">
    <attribute key="weight" value="60000" />
    <attribute key="containerSize" value="10" />
    <attribute key="decayTo" value="2810" />
    <attribute key="duration" value="600" />
    <attribute key="corpseType" value="blood" />
    <attribute key="fluidSource" value="blood" />
</item>

dead troll has attribute "corpseType", did you miss that in your monster's corpses?

did you configure their corpses correctly on items.xml?
example:
XML:
<item id="2806" article="a" name="dead troll">
    <attribute key="weight" value="60000" />
    <attribute key="containerSize" value="10" />
    <attribute key="decayTo" value="2810" />
    <attribute key="duration" value="600" />
    <attribute key="corpseType" value="blood" />
    <attribute key="fluidSource" value="blood" />
</item>

dead troll has attribute "corpseType", did you miss that in your monster's corpses?
yes that was the problem thank you.

Hi, I'm receiving this error in terminal:

Code:
Lua Script Error: [TalkAction Interface]
data/talkactions/scripts/autoloot.lua:onSay
data/talkactions/scripts/autoloot.lua:6: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function '__index'
        data/talkactions/scripts/autoloot.lua:6: in function <data/talkactions/scripts/autoloot.lua:1>

I did everything right, step by step. I also registered the function "AutoLoot" in login.lua, in function onLogin(player), under the last return true. So I don't know what's wrong, I'm using TFS 1.2, maybe it could be something wrong with the source files?

Hi, I'm receiving this error in terminal:

Code:
Lua Script Error: [TalkAction Interface]
data/talkactions/scripts/autoloot.lua:onSay
data/talkactions/scripts/autoloot.lua:6: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function '__index'
        data/talkactions/scripts/autoloot.lua:6: in function <data/talkactions/scripts/autoloot.lua:1>

I did everything right, step by step. I also registered the function "AutoLoot" in login.lua, in function onLogin(player), under the last return true. So I don't know what's wrong, I'm using TFS 1.2, maybe it could be something wrong with the source files?

!autoloot add, itemId or name
split[1] = add
split[2] = itemId/name

Most likely you did not enter the second param and the code doesn't check to see if it's there before using it:
Lua:
local item = split[2]:gsub("%s+", "", 1)

In there it attempts to index split[2] but if the user did not enter a second parameter, then it "attempts to index a nil value".

try this:

Lua:
function onSay(player, words, param)
    local split = param:split(",")
    local action, split2 = split[1], split[2]
    if action == "add" then
        if not split2 then
            player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, "Please enter the itemID or name.\n!autoloot add, itemId or !autoloot add, itemName.")
            return false
        end           
        local item = split2:gsub("%s+", "", 1)
        local itemType = ItemType(item)
        if itemType:getId() == 0 then
            itemType = ItemType(tonumber(item))
                player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, "There is no item with that id or name.")
                return false
            end
        end
        local itemName = tonumber(split2) and itemType:getName() or item
        local size = 0
        for i = AUTOLOOT_STORAGE_START, AUTOLOOT_STORAGE_END do
            local storage = player:getStorageValue(i)
            if size == AUTO_LOOT_MAX_ITEMS then
                player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, "The list is full, please remove from the list to make some room.")
                break
            end
            if storage == itemType:getId() then
                player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, itemName .." is already in the list.")
                break
            end
            if storage <= 0 then
                player:setStorageValue(i, itemType:getId())
                player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, itemName .." has been added to the list.")
                break
            end
            size = size + 1
        end
    elseif action == "remove" then
        if not split2 then
            player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, "Please enter the itemID or name.\n!autoloot remove, itemId or !autoloot remove, itemName.")
            return false
        end    
                player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, "There is no item with that id or name.")
                return false
            end
        end
            if player:getStorageValue(i) == itemType:getId() then
                player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, itemName .." has been removed from the list.")
                player:setStorageValue(i, 0)
                return false
            end
        end
        player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, itemName .." was not founded in the list.")
    elseif action == "show" then
        local text = "-- Auto Loot List --\n"
        local count = 1
            if storage > 0 then
                text = string.format("%s%d. %s\n", text, count, ItemType(storage):getName())
                count = count + 1
            end
        end
        if text == "" then
            text = "Empty"
        end
        player:showTextDialog(1950, text, false)
    elseif action == "clear" then
        end
        player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, "The autoloot list has been cleared.")
    else
        player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, "Use the commands: !autoloot {add, remove, show, clear}")
    end
    return false
end

!autoloot add, itemId or name
split[1] = add
split[2] = itemId/name

Most likely you did not enter the second param and the code doesn't check to see if it's there before using it:
Lua:
local item = split[2]:gsub("%s+", "", 1)

In there it attempts to index split[2] but if the user did not enter a second parameter, then it "attempts to index a nil value".

try this:

Lua:
function onSay(player, words, param)
    local split = param:split(",")
    local action, split2 = split[1], split[2]
    if action == "add" then
        if not split2 then
            player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, "Please enter the itemID or name.\n!autoloot add, itemId or !autoloot add, itemName.")
            return false
        end         
                return false
            end
        end
        local size = 0
            if size == AUTO_LOOT_MAX_ITEMS then
                player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, "The list is full, please remove from the list to make some room.")
                break
            end
            if storage == itemType:getId() then
                player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, itemName .." is already in the list.")
                break
            end
            if storage <= 0 then
                player:setStorageValue(i, itemType:getId())
                player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, itemName .." has been added to the list.")
                break
            end
            size = size + 1
        end
    elseif action == "remove" then
        if not split2 then
            player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, "Please enter the itemID or name.\n!autoloot remove, itemId or !autoloot remove, itemName.")
            return false
        end  
                return false
            end
        end
            if player:getStorageValue(i) == itemType:getId() then
                player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, itemName .." has been removed from the list.")
                return false
            end
        end
        player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, itemName .." was not founded in the list.")
    elseif action == "show" then
        local text = "-- Auto Loot List --\n"
        local count = 1
            if storage > 0 then
                text = string.format("%s%d. %s\n", text, count, ItemType(storage):getName())
                count = count + 1
            end
        end
        if text == "" then
            text = "Empty"
        end
        player:showTextDialog(1950, text, false)
    elseif action == "clear" then
        end
        player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, "The autoloot list has been cleared.")
    else
        player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, "Use the commands: !autoloot {add, remove, show, clear}")
    end
    return false
end

You were right, but now I've noticed an terminal error:

Code:
[Warning - Event::checkScript] Event onKill not found. scripts/autoloot.lua

How can I register this event?

Edit:

Never mind, now it's working, lol :b
I've just cut out half of the creaturescript code.

Thank you for help!

Last edited:
works nice on tfs 1.3 but never pickup any item any know why? and how to fix that?

I have this error
Code:
Lua Script Error: [Main Interface]
in a timer event called from:
(Unknown scriptfile)
data/creaturescripts/scripts/thornia_systems/autoloot.lua:16: 'for' initial valu
e must be a number
stack traceback:
        [C]: at 0x7ff6c4304c40
        data/creaturescripts/scripts/thornia_systems/autoloot.lua:16: in functio
n <data/creaturescripts/scripts/thornia_systems/autoloot.lua:1>

Great work mate!
I have question about related to where are items stored. I mean can someone tell me if there is option to change the containers where loot will be putted. At this moment all of the items are going to main bp and I would love to change to other container. Is there someone who can help me with it?
Regards

Great work mate!
I have question about related to where are items stored. I mean can someone tell me if there is option to change the containers where loot will be putted. At this moment all of the items are going to main bp and I would love to change to other container. Is there someone who can help me with it?
Regards
Thats impossible without client side code, you can probably find backpacks but it will never go directly to the backpack player selected.

Thats impossible without client side code, you can probably find backpacks but it will never go directly to the backpack player selected.

You can recursively search backpacks in your inventory, and each item has an temporarily uid.

For instance, a label with a special actionid can be placed in an container that a script can identify and figure out where to place whatever is written in that label?

You can recursively search backpacks in your inventory, and each item has an temporarily uid.

For instance, a label with a special actionid can be placed in an container that a script can identify and figure out where to place whatever is written in that label?
Do you think thats acceptable way to solve that? put a label with action id in backpack? You cant save items cause their uids change. Items should have its own uid like creatures do which would identify them in lua environment, sadly its something to fix in tfs (imo)

Do you think thats acceptable way to solve that? put a label with action id in backpack? You cant save items cause their uids change

Just initialize the list of uids on player login, the uids should persist across a player session (unless the item gets manipulated, which isnt normal on backpacks). So you only need to scan the inventory once each login. And the inventory scan only needs to grab any label items it can find, grab the text, see if text represents an item, and associate the backpack holding that label to that item.

It might not be the perfect solution, but it proves that this is not impossible?

Just initialize the list of uids on player login, the uids should persist across a player session (unless the item gets manipulated, which isnt normal on backpacks). So you only need to scan the inventory once each login. And the inventory scan only needs to grab any label items it can find, grab the text, see if text represents an item, and associate the backpack holding that label to that item.

It might not be the perfect solution, but it proves that this is not impossible?
Ah yes my bad then, this is impossible if you dont want to workaround it with some weird tricks.

Back