• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Automatic LAMP+phpMyAdmin+Latest TFS compile+ZnoteAAC Script!

Damon

Check my status to contact me :)
Solutions
Reaction score
TFS+LAMP+phpMyAdmin+Znote Setup-Script
This script is meant to easily get you started with hosting your OTS ON linux :)

Features
- Able to choose to install LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP)

- Able to choose to install phpMyAdmin (secret directory "http://yourip/pmasecret789")

- Able to choose to compile with latest sources. Prompts you to either use latest sources or use your own!

- Setup ZnoteAAC to your webserver (you only need to configure znote config.php and follow instructions from Znote; using apache2; /var/www/html)

Planned:
- Download pre-compiled TFS if compiling fails
- Security: IPtables, fail2ban, CSF

Instructions
1) SSH to your server

2) Enter the following commands one line at a time
Code:
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/NicolasLoew/vps/master/otsetup.sh
chmod +x otsetup.sh
./otsetup.sh

3) Follow the prompts

4) If you installed TFS move your data files to /forgottenserver and configure your config.lua

5) If you installed Znote go to http://yourip and follow install instructions.

6) To start TFS use
Code:
./tfs
in the forgottenserver folder

Requirements
- root privileges

FAQ

Is this install completly unattended?
No. At times you will be prompted to either enter y for YES or n for NO (e.g. "Do you want to install ZnoteAAC?").

What is my MYSQL pw?
It is "MYPASSWORD123". Make sure to change it to a secure one after the script is done.

How can I access phpMyAdmin
Use http://yourip/pmasecret879
This is a little security measure to not have it at default path.

How do I login to phpMyAdmin?
Username: root
Password: MYPASSWORD123
For security reasons I suggest you create a new user in phpMyAdmin, grant it same privileges as root and delete root user.

Where is my www folder?
It is located at /var/www/html

How can I use my own sources to compile?
Replace the existing sources with yours before telling the script to start compiling.

Troubleshooting

I do get some "grub" window
Select "keep local grub" (the one that is already selected) and press ENTER to confirm.

I get a compiling error
Please use the support forum, or the soon to be implented feature "Use pre-compiled TFS" (will be asked directly after compiling).

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
Last but not least I want to THANK a selected few, who have continously helped me to accomplish this script :)
@HalfAway @Tarek1337 @Ninja @mdwilliams

Last edited:
Where to start this script in root directory?
Doesnt really matter aslong as ur root :p
Uhm Ive been messing with the script a bit lately so it might not 100% work atm haha xD
Post error logs here and i will fix it^^

Lamp working fine but something is wrong with compile tfs but i did it manually, thanks.

Same as @clouf, I think TFS is not being installed by this way. I don't know where to locate my tfs folder, can you give me a clue?
Anyway great work with this script! You helped me a lot!

Same as @clouf, I think TFS is not being installed by this way. I don't know where to locate my tfs folder, can you give me a clue?
Anyway great work with this script! You helped me a lot!
The script is kinda outdated as latest tfs requires different dependencies. Will Update it as soon as I have time for it. Until then you can follow the guide from my video Tutorial which is up to date. If you have lamp installed already you can directly skip to the "compile tfs" part :)
https://github.com/NicolasLoew/vps/blob/master/TutorialTFS

The script is kinda outdated as latest tfs requires different dependencies. Will Update it as soon as I have time for it. Until then you can follow the guide from my video Tutorial which is up to date. If you have lamp installed already you can directly skip to the "compile tfs" part :)
https://github.com/NicolasLoew/vps/blob/master/TutorialTFS
I'm using Ubuntu 15.04, so I can't follow your updated tutorial. The hoster have not an updated dist of Ubuntu... :(
Could you tell me where I should locate my forgottenserver folder? I put it on '/root/forgottenserver/' and when I run './tfs' it prompts:
"bash: ./tfs: Permission denied". I have LAMP and ZNote but I can't run my tfs. :confused:
I'd be thankful if you could help me. Thanks again!

I'm using Ubuntu 15.04, so I can't follow your updated tutorial. The hoster have not an updated dist of Ubuntu... :(
Could you tell me where I should locate my forgottenserver folder? I put it on '/root/forgottenserver/' and when I run './tfs' it prompts:
"bash: ./tfs: Permission denied". I have LAMP and ZNote but I can't run my tfs. :confused:
I'd be thankful if you could help me. Thanks again!
If you get a permission denied error usually you can fix it with "chmod +x filename" e.g. "chmod +x tfs" . Then try running it again with root "sudo ./tfs" or "sudo sh tfs.sh"

If you get a permission denied error usually you can fix it with "chmod +x filename" e.g. "chmod +x tfs" . Then try running it again with root "sudo ./tfs" or "sudo sh tfs.sh"
Not working:
./tfs: error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.20: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I can't find missing libraries, so I can't run my server.

Not working:
./tfs: error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.20: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I can't find missing libraries, so I can't run my server.
Try to reinstall with the new dependencies under Ubuntu 16.x :)

My hoster only provides 15.04 or less... :(
Then you would need to use the sources of an older tfs release at github. Check the branch for older releases around that time I was making the tutorial. If you pull these instead of latest compiling should work :)

I solved this by locating my server folder on SSH user's folder and linking phpmyadmin with the OTS. Then I compiled my own OTS source, I had the issue that I had my already compiled executable from another Ubuntu distro, so I compiled it again in the distro I'm using.
Maybe this info could help another one with same issues.

I wouldnt recommend running tfs as root. Just create a new user

Back