• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Axas 7.6 project

axas

Reaction score
I've never mapped before for real, and I came up with an OTServer idea which I am doing the maps for. They are oriented at a (very) low rate. Somewhere in between 1.5x and 4x.

Constructive criticism is mandatory, as I want the maps to be as good as possible. Later on I will start a project thread, hire some staff and take the project to a new level.

Let's start off with the temple
image.png

City environment
image.png

The mage shop
image.png

I might be putting on a stream later on as well, if anyone would be interested.

I've never mapped before for real, and I came up with an OTServer idea which I am doing the maps for. They are oriented at a (very) low rate. Somewhere in between 1.5x and 4x.

Constructive criticism is mandatory, as I want the maps to be as good as possible. Later on I will start a project thread, hire some staff and take the project to a new level.

Let's start off with the temple
image.png

City environment
image.png

The mage shop
image.png

I might be putting on a stream later on as well, if anyone would be interested.

For a first timer this is pretty good. In fact, it is kinda good overall

For a first timer this is pretty good. In fact, it is kinda good overall
Thank you, well, I've tried mapping before, but never paid attention to any detail. 7.6 is good to handle too, because there is much less objects to use for the maps.

Not bad as a starter, try experiment with nature borders :)

Good job

Do you have any plans on what this project will be? I know it's gonna have low exp rates and be a custom map, but anything else you have planned?

Btw it's looking good for a first-timer(?). If you are anything like me then you will look back on it and change things up once you get the hang of mapping.

Do you have any plans on what this project will be? I know it's gonna have low exp rates and be a custom map, but anything else you have planned?

Btw it's looking good for a first-timer(?). If you are anything like me then you will look back on it and change things up once you get the hang of mapping.
The main idea is to make the map give the player the nostalgic experience of playing tibia for the first time again, giving him the feeling of venore swamps, thais north gate cave etc. Basically reliving the experience.
There are of course many problems to be solved, such as:
Possibly a good storyline, so it gives meaning to every npc and detail in the map, whether should there be custom items that have slightly better stats than the ones acquired from just hunting demons (and then again, hunting demons used to be THE thing), should there be custom features like mining, smithing, should fishing be brought up to the level where it is meaningful etc. and also there is a very big issue with bots - makes me reconsider the 7.6 version choice a lot, and I am actually very lost at all these decisions atm, but I am trying to figure everything out atm. Of course a lot is to be changed within the process. :)

The thing is, that I will eventually need other people, as I can't handle all of this just by myself, and I have been very detached from the OTS community for the past few years so I don't know where to start, what people to look for and if the project would bring enough interest to bring motivation to keep it going.

I am actually in a fluster as to why shouldn't I just join some other ongoing project, but I guess I just want to have something of myself.

Good luck with this project! If it turns out anything like jsynon use to be, it'll be a very cool server :D

As everyone above, great for a first time! I would go back into the interior in the buildings and look them through one more time, for example the cobra wall statue isn't really what I'd have there, you get my point. But that's something you can go back anytime and exchange :) Good luck.

Bumping this since it's an interesting project, oldschool servers has been very popular the last year and I would imagine you could get a custom oldschool server quite far too.

Alright, got the server running. Just a little sneak peak while I'm looking for map bugs. Nothing special. Then I can continue on mapping/adding spawns.
sneak_peek.png
sneak_peek_2.png
sneak_peek_3.png

Back