• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Azze | Mapping Thread

Azze19

Solo developer
Reaction score
Hey guys, here are some screenshots from a map I've been working on. I'm still debating with myself if I should rework the scale as it seems to me that the buildings are way too small.

Lord's fortified manor house
0eYzkZc.png

yR8lRK4.png

Licea's market and Prancin' Goblin Inn
B6rIZwg.png

YaZbq1V.png

Licea's watchtower and town entrance
pStir0w.png

Watchtower ward
4ItrPsJ.png

Market ward
oVI3vxd.png

Swamp and witch hut [WIP]
54cYY4u.png

Satellite hamlet #1
OnXu5FP.png

Satellite hamlet #2
G6oxZhE.png

I'd appreciate feedback!

I'd say you have the right mind of a pure medeival server. You have a very classy overall look.

Constructive critisizm:
  • Take your time adding borders(Auto-bordering looks pretty awful)
  • You need to add a bit more details to your nature(some colors would be nice)
  • Also think more out of the box, don't just add square shapes
  • Study your favorite mappers around here and see how they put down their details.
Misc stuff:
  • I once learnt that you don't put swamp right next to water-borders
  • Watch how you place the diagonal roof, it's not perfected, yet.
  • Be careful to add the same id twice in the same X or Y-axis, it can work on some places but not in general.

I'd say you have the right mind of a pure medeival server. You have a very classy overall look.

Constructive critisizm:
  • Take your time adding borders(Auto-bordering looks pretty awful)
  • You need to add a bit more details to your nature(some colors would be nice)
  • Also think more out of the box, don't just add square shapes
  • Study your favorite mappers around here and see how they put down their details.
Misc stuff:
  • I once learnt that you don't put swamp right next to water-borders
  • Watch how you place the diagonal roof, it's not perfected, yet.
  • Be careful to add the same id twice in the same X or Y-axis, it can work on some places but not in general.

Thank you so much!

I have to add I do very little auto-bordering and haven't added much detail because I'm still trying to define the scale of the world and the feel. As to architecture, I'm using mostly boxes as early architecture developed that way, in-game if you look at the first watch tower its squary but if players sift through the lore they'll find out it's one of the first watchtowers built (the other one being in satellite hamlet #1, which is ruined due to poor maintenance) and has been recently renovated; much newer ones are circular and are a bit more interesting IMO.

To you last point I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean, could you point it out please?

Back