• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Azze's showoff?

Azze19

Solo developer
Reaction score
Hey guys I decided to try my luck with spriting and here's my first attemps:

V1: Broader pommel and it ends on a rather blunt blade
3349SRD.png

V2: Slimmer pommel and a much "daggerlike" blade.
cGaIHhI.png

Feedback is very welcomed.

The second one is good. Try to increase the size of the handle, and maybe make a sharpen effect on the blade.

Example of sword edge.
Steel Sword.png

Very impressive dude, that sword is really good :). Just don't forget the black outline.

wwEW55Y.png

What about trying some monsters?

My rendition of a Doublet since I never liked Cip's

jeIBDdr.png

It ain't much but it's mine... my first proper armor. It's a mostly leather armor with plating on the shoulders.

juG9rgH.png

Did a small update to the armor.

iAGZ3uK.png

Last edited:
An un named breastplate, feedback is really welcomed.

ddXfSrr.png

It's nice to you practicing but i would like to give a piece of advice.

Before trying to do armors,outfits or whatever try to follow an image as reference, because when you dont have enough experience you will probably follow the wrong path.

I made an edit on this. ddXfSrr.png

Try also to understand how the light works on different textures. Remember that metal shines and the light comes from the northwest.

Another thing, try criticize yourself, take a look on what you are doing and think " this really look like what i'm trying to do? can I do better?"

If you realize at the end that does not like as you expected, erase and do it again, and again and again until you reach good results.

That's it,

Keep going

It's nice to you practicing but i would like to give a piece of advice.

Before trying to do armors,outfits or whatever try to follow an image as reference, because when you dont have enough experience you will probably follow the wrong path.

I made an edit on this. View attachment 29870

Try also to understand how the light works on different textures. Remember that metal shines and the light comes from the northwest.

Another thing, try criticize yourself, take a look on what you are doing and think " this really look like what i'm trying to do? can I do better?"

If you realize at the end that does not like as you expected, erase and do it again, and again and again until you reach good results.

That's it,

Keep going

Thanks man, the second image is what I've been trying to find.

Regarding the edit you did, what exactly did you change? perhaps my eyes are failing me but I see it just as I did it. I usually try to base my ideas on something else, although admittedly that second armor was something that popped into my head.

I just adapted the armor to the metal texture, and worked with the light.

I just adapted the armor to the metal texture, and worked with the light.

How about this? I know it's a helmet and perspective is different but please le tme know you thoughs :)

Attachments

First of all, dont be scared to put contrast on the sprites,spriting it's all about contrast. When you dont put enough contrast, the image look like as plastic texture,however putting contrast you increase size and create shape.

Another thing,you have to improve the connection between the pixels, this is called anti-aliasing ( make a research about it, work!) and it's used to link pieces of the sprites.

Look at this edit, you are letting those edges empty without connection. To make the connection put a darker pixel then you will create roundness in the entire sprite. Sometimes put black background to see if you are creating correctly the shape that you're following.

shoulders.png

Bottom line analyze what i did for at least 10 minutes, you can do it as well you just have to work more. And bring more itens, more ideas, not just one helmet per day, in the next time i would like to see 4 items and 1 outfit.

Good Luck ;)

Last edited:
Back