• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Back when there was tons of People on Ot sites.

Tempesto

Reaction score
Its crazy today really. People would get payment to be a gm and maybe a small sum of money for scripting for a server and being in the credits. I can't believe it, but there's just not enough proper people who want to make servers as teams, it used to be on Otfans, as soon as I posted, I'd get 30 replies in 2 hrs. People who script.. if you are out there, what is making you so hesitant to work for game creators? I made a great offer in the job sections and I know OT's by a business standpoint and fun standpoint like the back of my hand. I used to get invites to rare ots that weren't public(not on lists), constantly for a year. My friend Greg and I were always getting other invites. I know how to populate a good server. Life was good when more people wanted to work together. Now, the best I've seen on OTland.net is a scripter who offers to pay her 5$ a script. I think thats crazy when I offer 1/8th the donations to do my OT's scripts. That persons offer is like one offer I've seen that even makes SOME sense. Just the populations of workers who used to be around on different forums has diminished terribly. I hate to say it, but I want more brs and swedes and mexicans and polish to come back to OTs. Its like they all went away in life ;'(. There used to be people who were greedy but not thieves who would take my offer in a heartbeat. Check jobs if your interested. But anyways, whats up with all of this? I want hundreds of msn contacts back lol. Does anyone remember those days?

Last edited:
We all grew up, meaning less time and different hobbies.
That can't be everyone. I think it may have something to do with wars and the closing of websites and servers abruptly. It made a lot of people angry. People show up at the border all day running from fighting all over South America and then yeah I guess things have just changed overall in the world, things aren't as friendly and there's been tons of theft in the days of OTs, I think many just gave up on making it with teams.

Literally, people grew up and left.

This community being so old, there is a lot of stuff out there already, so when server owners have to update their stuff, they either know how to do it or they know someone that already know how to do it, get it? No need to interact here, where they can have unpleasent people talk sh*t and stuff...

Tfs not being updated pass 10.98 also helped I think, its not as easy as it was two or three years ago to open an up to date server, you have to actually work on it, and people don't like that.

Its crazy today really. People would get payment to be a gm and maybe a small sum of money for scripting for a server and being in the credits. I can't believe it, but there's just not enough proper people who want to make servers as teams, it used to be on Otfans, as soon as I posted, I'd get 30 replies in 2 hrs. People who script.. if you are out there, what is making you so hesitant to work for game creators? I made a great offer in the job sections and I know OT's by a business standpoint and fun standpoint like the back of my hand. I used to get invites to rare ots that weren't public(not on lists), constantly for a year. My friend Greg and I were always getting other invites. I know how to populate a good server. Life was good when more people wanted to work together. Now, the best I've seen on OTland.net is a scripter who offers to pay her 5$ a script. I think thats crazy when I offer 1/8th the donations to do my OT's scripts. That persons offer is like one offer I've seen that even makes SOME sense. Just the populations of workers who used to be around on different forums has diminished terribly. I hate to say it, but I want more brs and swedes and mexicans and polish to come back to OTs. Its like they all went away in life ;'(. There used to be people who were greedy but not thieves who would take my offer in a heartbeat. Check jobs if your interested. But anyways, whats up with all of this? I want hundreds of msn contacts back lol. Does anyone remember those days?

Kingdom Age Online is on Alpha version, if you are interested.
This is our Discord server:
Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Literally, people grew up and left.

This community being so old, there is a lot of stuff out there already, so when server owners have to update their stuff, they either know how to do it or they know someone that already know how to do it, get it? No need to interact here, where they can have unpleasent people talk sh*t and stuff...

Tfs not being updated pass 10.98 also helped I think, its not as easy as it was two or three years ago to open an up to date server, you have to actually work on it, and people don't like that.

I still don't buy the "Grew up and left" bit from the general standpoint, a high school had 2000 new kids every year at one city highschool in my parts of the USA, that's just one highschool and one city. lol. That there is less people cannot be everyone just GREW UP lolz. It might have to do with less sites and so there is less advertising too. But definitely, there's only more people on Earth every day, so it can't be that. I used to see Chinese servers and Taiwan, Thailand even. Lolz. Not a lot of Thailand but yeah otservlist. They have tons of geeks in Malaysia and Thailand. I think it really comes down to 4-5 sites, english written/portuguese written shutting down in a timeframe of 20-30 days. And some polish I don't know about. And even a factor is that bots have stopped coming out for new versions. People love bots. There's a lot of factors, but when a bunch of sites just drop off the map in under 30 days, Its a hornets nest of pissed off people and lost content. I remember when Otland.net was first made. It was connected to other boards with advertise links. I don't know all of them that they were connected too but there was tons of boards that had a medium population before I walked away to become a buddhist monk and train in martial arts all day and that was mm 5 years ago? My memory could be fuzzy on that one. lolz. But Yeah I agree that its harder to make OTs today and its not always bad to have a team if you know how to do stuff because then the workload is lighter and the server progresses more, just good logic. Looking ahead, I don't want to do all the work, but I might have to do most of it with the help of the community here. Of course I give cred to the community because OTland has been good to me. Thanks to you all!

But truly enough, another factor is if RL Tibia doesn't have players talking about OTS, there's extremely less draw to OTS and I've been on Mainstream or RL tibia lately. People play it plenty, but not a lot of people talk at all with other players they don't know and there's no talk I hear about OTS at least on the server Pacera I was playing. Tibia still gets new players, lets hope OTS pick up again and boards get bigger again. Bigger is better for OTS. More people = more fun. Old people like me come back once in a while. I was at the beginning of RL Tibia. I can't get it out of my veins. Oh and ps, beware of SOPA. Laws in countries and too many problems with pay systems could make a drop of increase of people in the tibia community.

Kingdom Age Online is on Alpha version, if you are interested.
This is our Discord server:
Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

I'll get on your discord in a sec, my name is Flavor on Discord. I like RPGS, but I like high exp and rebirth/prestige. But I'll still check you out, even though you sound like an rpg which could indicate slower lvling. I'm a botter when it comes to grind lol. Botting and pk when doing a good rpg(with low pking) that requires interactivity a bot can't do without too much scripting on their bot or impossible so far is a good server for lots of BR'S. Just some info in case you might make multiple servers, thattl help your income of people. :) Thanks for the invite good sir :).

I still don't buy the "Grew up and left" bit from the general standpoint, a high school had 2000 new kids every year at one city highschool in my parts of the USA, that's just one highschool and one city. lol. That there is less people cannot be everyone just GREW UP lolz. It might have to do with less sites and so there is less advertising too. But definitely, there's only more people on Earth every day, so it can't be that. I used to see Chinese servers and Taiwan, Thailand even. Lolz. Not a lot of Thailand but yeah otservlist. They have tons of geeks in Malaysia and Thailand. I think it really comes down to 4-5 sites, english written/portuguese written shutting down in a timeframe of 20-30 days. And some polish I don't know about. And even a factor is that bots have stopped coming out for new versions. People love bots. There's a lot of factors, but when a bunch of sites just drop off the map in under 30 days, Its a hornets nest of pissed off people and lost content. I remember when Otland.net was first made. It was connected to other boards with advertise links. I don't know all of them that they were connected too but there was tons of boards that had a medium population before I walked away to become a buddhist monk and train in martial arts all day and that was mm 5 years ago? My memory could be fuzzy on that one. lolz. But Yeah I agree that its harder to make OTs today and its not always bad to have a team if you know how to do stuff because then the workload is lighter and the server progresses more, just good logic. Looking ahead, I don't want to do all the work, but I might have to do most of it with the help of the community here. Of course I give cred to the community because OTland has been good to me. Thanks to you all!

But truly enough, another factor is if RL Tibia doesn't have players talking about OTS, there's extremely less draw to OTS and I've been on Mainstream or RL tibia lately. People play it plenty, but not a lot of people talk at all with other players they don't know and there's no talk I hear about OTS at least on the server Pacera I was playing. Tibia still gets new players, lets hope OTS pick up again and boards get bigger again. Bigger is better for OTS. More people = more fun. Old people like me come back once in a while. I was at the beginning of RL Tibia. I can't get it out of my veins. Oh and ps, beware of SOPA. Laws in countries and too many problems with pay systems could make a drop of increase of people in the tibia community.

I'll get on your discord in a sec, my name is Flavor on Discord. I like RPGS, but I like high exp and rebirth/prestige. But I'll still check you out, even though you sound like an rpg which could indicate slower lvling. I'm a botter when it comes to grind lol. Botting and pk when doing a good rpg(with low pking) that requires interactivity a bot can't do without too much scripting on their bot or impossible so far is a good server for lots of BR'S. Just some info in case you might make multiple servers, thattl help your income of people. :) Thanks for the invite good sir :).

Back in the day, there were not many games to choose from.
Now there's a lot of different options with way bigger companies and tons of money which means more advertising towards those games.
Besides, the gaming community isn't playing as many 2D games anymore which means Tibia isn't attracting new players anymore, hence why people growing up and leaving the Tibia makes the community smaller.

Last edited:
"Players Online:
13,292"
RL Tibia. Yeah it used to be near 100,000 during the days back then. 8.6. Yeah, if Tibia ever advertised, they might make more money. I've never seen a commercial or online ad. They are terrible advertisers.

Also, I'm not sure if I read your original post right but...

(I'm talking about me, perhaps talking about others) I'm earning about $27 an hour, I just come here when I'm bored/feeling nostalgic, so when it come to simple things I'm glad to help freely, but doing things that take me 2-4 hours really get me thinking...
I could easly take my free time to just chill, or help you guys while having fun (scripting/programming). Making a free script which people will take for profit makes me feel strange, specially if I'm told to not release the script.
Helping is one thing, making a script for someone is different.
Community wise, I'd love to see OT making a come back, it was so much fun.

Back in the day, there were not many games to choose from.
Now there's a lot of different options with way bigger companies and tons of money which means more advertising towards those games.
Besides, the gaming community isn't playing as many 2D games anymore which means Tibia isn't attracting new players anymore, hence why people growing up and leaving the Tibia makes the community smaller.
Actually, that's not true. There used to be MORE game developers in the 90's. Don't you remember Circuit City and CompUsa? There was "Buy only copy" games going for $2000 and tons of RTS's I remember vividly. in the 90's when Tibia was growing playerbase up hard there was TONS of new games all the time. TODAY.. I hardly see that many for PC. Its all Private servers of older games. WoW(world of warcraft) prolly still has tons of private servers. Dekaron Rising instead of 2moons(which closed quick btw). There used to be tons of games I don't recall that were MMO games that were free to play back around 2000-2008.

Now its just new copy of distro. Bf5. lol. That's 5 versions updated and a few off trail versions(bad company's) and a few expansions. Call of duties. Anything not PC which is on xbox versions or playstation versions are usually kids games or directed for kids like Spyro type beatable games. Crash bandicoot. etc All that gunfire on systems isn't like Arma3(Reality based) or AA(Americas Army) versions. There's games today, by enough measure by the 90's had more games out. Like I said, private developers from oldschool coders and all the way up to 2000. Then there was tons of wars and there will be more wars and 10 Big world powers are at war now, heck, the USA is still fighting in Afghanistan, intervening in Syria and there's a base that does "work" in Iraq. lolz. Whenever there is this much war, Russia Annexing all its provinces back from when its capital was Kiev. There was Boko haram crisis not many years ago, the US intervened in some Nation of Africa. Too much war for people to be
"Fun and enjoying life while working a day job" which used to be the US dream and other nations dreamed with the US. I mean heck. Russia killed off a few spies and their families lately lol. (last 3 months) One was a double agent from Britain I think. Then there was that small story that went away on the net where the US airstriked 100 russian soldiers in Syria near a chemical weapons plant I think, either way they killed 100 soldiers and SoS Pompeo just mocked. Don't think countries aren't going to have more war. War creates homelessness, poverty, gangs and the removal of it eventually. With all the chaos at the border to the US from the Mexico side, I have to say, those gangs in South America that I saw pics of on the DarkWeb like 200,000 out of jail systems shaking hands in a long line. That doesn't look healthy. That alone would push citizens out of countries. And then there is civil wars I've heard lately from my dad somewhere like Guatemala? Without peace, therell be no binging enough on videogames for "The Good Life". Its all war and politics man. Trump taxing the crap out of all exports and doing economic combat is pissing off China, Russia and then there is that thing with all of Africa praying for a proper government in each nation so they can live and not be starved. The world is in chaos today. Its the 2nd cold war. And its basically and ironically more cold from the USA point of view towards NK(North Korea). Boka Haram, Al queda, Isis, North Korea, killing off hoards of christians. China just made internment camps for ueghers(I don't know much about them) 1 million people segregated into internment camps. Jesus said there would be wars and rumors of wars. Well there you go ;). Don't forget that everything is on debt. People work there asses off after the Wallstreet protests. College debt is big in Brazil too I bet. Its all politics and economic behavior that makes people play games or not. There's still terrorism all over Europe and when more of the world legalizes marijuana, people all over the world will play more videogames again PC or otherwise. lol. There is quite a few factors to the big picture of what is happening in the world that contributes to less people playing videogames and less players in Tibia therefore less in the private server versions of it(ots). I'm struggling to get money right now. The US is more of a dangerous place today, its not as nice. They separated families at the border and some kids were molested. The US is harsh on crime, no more leniency. Some judge tried to put me in jail for eating poppyseeds that came up as morphine on a urine test, poppyseeds come from the poppy plant and seeds are separated from the opium liquid so there's trace amounts after washing the seeds. But she knew that's how it was, just a poppyseed bagel I ate and she wanted to kill me. The US SEEMS like a nice place. But just meet one person sometimes and your life is ruined. There is a vast majority of angry people in the US and if you rub them just one way, theyll want you dead no matter how nice of a person you are. People aren't as friendly in the US anymore. The US used to populate a lot of RL Tibia's servers. All the divorces, up to 3-6 divorces these crazy people divorce like they didn't even have sex once with eachother. It's supposed to be love. Kids aren't loved and taught, its always parents fighting and in and out of jail. Single moms everywhere. Don't think if you've got money, the US is good for immigration for people. They'll just stick you in a renovated walmart until you are deported to somewhere they consider, "safe" if you run to the border. Taking the paperwork route from the official immigration standpoint, its not that great of a place. Everyone is on their tippitoes with eachother to not offend eachother and goto jail. I'm old for my age man. I've studied much. There's too much chaos in the world for videogames. Growing up has less to do with it than you think, but that's yours and some other's reasons. I get that. That's cool. Let's not forget that Iran prayers at the temple there, they yell "Death to US" every day. And there's Israel proof GOD exists, they won the land after a 6 day war. Some years, some time in the 2000's-2010's Egypt had a Coup of their government. It toppled. Reporters were raped. There was riots. The world isn't that safe of a place. One bad encounter and its over. Why do you think there is Jews in every nation? So if the go back to Israel, they have every countries information and can plan a proper defense, plus they like living in other countries. They always plan escape routes. If ISIS hates the US, Israel is WAY more targetted. Israel sells a lot of computer companies to the US. With the moving of the embassy to Jerusalem, its just strengthening both nations, the US and Israel for war and Israel just put out their new tanks for killing insurgents. Eh.. 5 days ago on the news. When they secure their borders more and kick out all the muslims, GOD will bless them with borders larger. Israelis would play videogames too if there was no war. There's still non-jewish structures in Israel, they are biding their time to remove their enemies from within their midsts. and I'm not talking about non-violent nice muslims from Dearborn, Mi who are delusioned by their system of religion and don't know Jesus. In Israel, the muslims are basically sworn enemies and removed when beat their wives. That's just one of their districts. On another side of Israel its all palestinian insurgents digging tunnels and trying to kill all of Israel lol. They train their kids at age 3 to do full US marine-like door kick-ins and war drills. Look it all up, I didn't list any links. But its out there on the web. Its all in new stories. Google xD.

War. War is my point. War means no videogames. Just hope the US and North Korea don't fight, because then China will help North Korea. I'm fairly certain Iran is allies with NK as well. If China enters into a war in the world, its world war 3. Then there won't even be computers! There will be bombed buildings lol. ;). Knowledge is key to understanding.

Nothing to do with war, we are old and can't sit here all day and the game is not appealing to young audiences, why whould they suffer the shitty grindfest that tibia is when they can fun with their friends over at fortnite?.

No young people interested in the game -> less people trying to make servers -> less content overall being made.

Mmorpgs declined when mobas started pulling bigger audiences and mobas are declining now that battle royale games are taking over, there's nothing we can do, Idk why people can't accept that they didn't fuck their game, people just moved to different games...

The sorcerers took over and casted too much black magic. Seriously.

Nothing to do with war, we are old and can't sit here all day and the game is not appealing to young audiences, why whould they suffer the shitty grindfest that tibia is when they can fun with their friends over at fortnite?.

No young people interested in the game -> less people trying to make servers -> less content overall being made.

Mmorpgs declined when mobas started pulling bigger audiences and mobas are declining now that battle royale games are taking over, there's nothing we can do, Idk why people can't accept that they didn't fuck their game, people just moved to different games...

Not to be anything more than just a little mean. But you're wrong. Tibia still gets new youngsters playing their servers and Tibia could make a huge comeback. If you don't even get simple things about life like wars effect people playing videogames. You shouldn't even have commented kiddo. No one can focus on tibia in Syria while the bullets are hitting the window. Stop complaining and saying its dead. It's NOT dead. It's still alive, there's still a forum and there is still a main distro. There is still new OT servers and you have done so little research on how the world really works. Kids love Tibia. It's true. Don't try that new generation bullshit on me.

"Players Online:
13,292"
RL Tibia. Yeah it used to be near 100,000 during the days back then. 8.6. Yeah, if Tibia ever advertised, they might make more money. I've never seen a commercial or online ad. They are terrible advertisers.

Lol 100k? HAHAHA Overall Maximum: 64028 players (on Jan 02 2007, 19:20:30 CET) THats the stats bro

Don't know how about you, I haven't met a single syrian player on tibia, but I've met people from countries such as Poland, Slovakia, Sweden, Russia, the US, Canada, Brazil and many more.
Not sure, but I haven't heard of a war raging in Sweden or Poland where people cannot play because of that.
Perhaps there are games that offer much more fun, while being easier to get into and don't require hours of grinding.

Why would you, after a tiring 8-12 hour shift want to sit down and grind, when you can just fire up some other game that you can have instant fun on.

Kids play fortnite, or whatever else, they're not interested in Tibia.
Tibia had it's best time and that time is now gone.

If you can come up with something really interesting, people will find their way in - ArchlightOnline has 550 players online at the moment - but getting there required massive commitment of time.

With regards,
Jacobs.

Lol 100k? HAHAHA Overall Maximum: 64028 players (on Jan 02 2007, 19:20:30 CET) THats the stats bro
I don't see why children like you think that's so funny, but your immaturity shows. Yes, Okay, so 64,028 is a lot of people. Not averaging 100k, but good enough. 64000 people is a lot. So I haven't seen many adults post on this thread, just children with age-numbers. I'm just getting kiddish feedback. Fortnite? Are you retarded? Kids would rather play those cube block servers where they make fortresses and stuff. Here a kicker, stupid kids who laugh at nothing are typically the ones who go kicked out of teams back on OTfans. No one liked you huh? So you moved on. Good. Reap what you sow. No one wants to work with loudmouth children. There is a ton of adults who play tibia. I'm talking about real dedicated adults, not children in their parents house with a job who rattle on about people have moved on. I say it again. I still see new servers being built and servers come back. End of that story.

On another point, it seems to me, you just want to kill tibia. So if you hate it so much, leave like the rest you've imagined leaving forever, and when they come back, you won't be around and no one will care about you. Lol. Guess you've never seen how the stock market goes up and down. Tibia is still running strong. The market will go up again.

Last edited:
In a broader sense I think you're right about wars and stuff having an impact, but I'm kinda confused about what you're really asking here.
You're wondering why there seems to be less people playing Tibia/OTS as well as less scripters being interested in working for free?
Maybe with a hint of why has Tibia/everything changed so much?

In a broader sense I think you're right about wars and stuff having an impact, but I'm kinda confused about what you're really asking here.
You're wondering why there seems to be less people playing Tibia/OTS as well as less scripters being interested in working for free?
Maybe with a hint of why has Tibia/everything changed so much?
Yeah, it could be things have changed quite a bit. Well There used to be a feeding frenzy. To even answer my own question, it could be that Tibia Rl itself has dwindled because everyone beat the "Bubble" mark aka lvl 300-400 and knows all the game now. Hence they stopped playing OT's for the RL maps to learn from it and that's a big change in the OT community as well. Definitely was 100's of servers with RL maps a long 6 years ago and at other times. Big phases but not fads have really come and gone in the Ot community. I remember when pets drew a lot of people to OT's. For a while there some odd years, everyone did pet servers in high amounts. Cool new features really revitalize the OT Community. And with Tibia RL finishing its secrets to higher lvl players like ridiculous 700+ I can only imagine it gets a little more boss related and cool at those points. I've only gotten to lvl like 89 or w/e. Too much grind in RL tibia. At least in the beginning. I never did get how people would level so fast honestly lol. Even with bots, there is some tricks I don't know about it. But yeah. With the RL lets say, "Exploited", its late in the game. So unless RL Tibia makes servers with different areas, which I thought they had done in the first place when I was young and downloaded the game, big mistake on their part, to not have a different server have a different map. There's little incentive to play a different server unless you're hunted lolz. Tibia hasn't made a lot of good decisions over the years. But they could learn from their mistakes. I wonder. It definitely has impacted the OT community. What I'm really asking here E.E is why Ot's didn't pick up RL tibia's slack around today when there is such high level players in RL Tibia. I would expect more jump offs from RL to OT to fulfill their love for tibia and gaming desires for more of it. With more players, there'd be less shortage of developers. More would flock back. But once some people saw a player leveled 1000. I just looked up highscores.. It kinda made them think there would be no point in making OT's after the hardest grind in the game lol. Developers may have though players like that would be tired of tibia after a grind like that. Dunno. It's just chit chat.

Ps. There was lot of acc-share and botting and, handing over high levels items to like lvl 100 chars from lvl 500 chars and blocker quick leveling lower players. I was never part of a good enough guild in my non-pvp server so I never had those opportunities. Oh well. But it goes to show you, some things never change. It's like that on OT's all day. Ot's are kinda like the arcade, each arcade piece has a different game but some same functions or a lot of similar looks just different shapes and colors like frogger vs zombie apocalypse. I want to make it in the arcade ^^. It's gonna take time, but the more people who show up once in a while, the better off I think everyone will be, completing each individual server.

Sure.
The question of why players would or would not move to OTS might be an interesting one. I'm not sure.
What did you think about these pet servers yourself?

To try to answer one of your questions, I think OTS basically turned into Real Tibia because Real Tibia is a big successful project that takes a lot less effort to copy/replicate than to create a big successful project creatively on their own.
So basically most of the attention and energy has been directed towards developing a Real Tibia server.
I also feel that one of the big obstacles, at least for me, in making a creative server has been that all the OT server software that's available is basically all written in C++, a fairly difficult and technical language to learn that also requires many more lines of code to accomplish something compared to most other languages, and they've all been designed to basically function like a very simple Real Tibia server or equivalent, not to mention a complete lack of documentation for anything other than, if you're lucky to even have this, a tutorial for compiling and in TFS' case limited scripting functionality.
This makes it not only pretty difficult to drastically change the functionality of these servers, but since it's written in C++ with a very limited framework it also takes a lot of time and effort, especially for small groups of people or solo developers, to build something more creative.
Additionally it's also much more risky to build something creative; creative servers are often not as popular as Real Tibia servers, not because Real Tibia is perfect or the best or the only thing that can work or whatever, but basically because most creative servers are very often not well enough thought out, or possibly because it's just too much work to build a whole new game in a language like C++ by themselves, among other factors.
There are solutions to this problem, however I haven't seen that much interest in it, and as long as that's the case things are likely going to remain exactly the same in the future.
Privately I'm working on something completely new and have considered reaching out to a few select developers to ask if they might be interested to collaborate on something like this, but I have no plans to publicly release this project anytime soon, especially as long as I'm the only one working on this.

Back