• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Background story for Titan Kingdoms

Which backstory do you prefer? (read the thread before voting)

Votes: 12 52.2%

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters

Xikini

I whore myself out for likes
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
We are on the brink of actually creating content.
For the fairly small group of people who have been waiting patiently, this will be exciting news. :oops:

The reason for this thread, is that I have a two idea's for the background story of the world and I want to know which sounds the most exciting/interesting.

1) A world on the brink of chaos. Humans predominately rule the known world. Elves are considered a lesser people. Many are slaves, or thrown into dungeons because humans simply do not wish to look at them. Dwarves are believed to be extinct, however their clever and often large constructions are still riddled around the landscape of the world. Trying to not give away too much of the major plot twist, but unknown to humans, they are the one's on the verge of extinction. This will be a mostly linear story, however there will be some points where you can diverge into an alternate ending.

2) Humans, Elves and Dwarves are equal in power. The bickering between these three 'good' races is causing them to lose land and power to the 'evil' forces of monsters in the world. The war between good and evil has been long lasting and will be the main focus of the story as you discover the intricacies between the different races, and infiltrate and communicate with the forces of monsters. This would be more of an open-world story as you won't be gently guided to a conclusion, as you will decide how much of the story you want to explore and discover.

Thanks so much for reading!

Xikini

1 sounds more interesting if it isn't too linear ofc. you should have some linear parts and then in the end make it more open world. for example: linear as in you will have to follow the story untill you meet all races and then more open so people can choose how deep they want to emerge themselves in the background of the different races for example.

I would go with second one. Instead of humans I would suggested ORCS as third race and Humans as race that mixed up(only playable race?) in their ancient problems/wars. This way it would be possible to work for all the factions and do quests specifically for them up to point where quest involve to hunt down important characters from opposing factions heroes/titans/gods.

Thanks for the replies and votes thus far! :oops:

1 may sound most interesting but also hard to execute, 2 instead of being in equal power every race has their own thing they specialize in and that would it make it more interesting so my vote goes to 2

+1 vote from someone in discord who refuses to sign up to OtLand to vote.
It goes to #2.

-- edit and another 2 votes for #2.

Last edited:
Looks like story #2 will be our background story.
12 to 4, in favour of #2.

wow, votes took a big turn. o_O

Back