• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Banished for hosting files...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saints Anathema

Old School Doleran
Reaction score
Ive been a supporter of OTland for a good while now, and i have to say i like the community and its much nicer than others that are around. I've learned everything i know here and i really do appreciate what Talatauren, the developers, even down the the coders/random owners on here.

I was banned a month or so ago, after i hosted a REV on speedyshare to download to my dedi, i was absentminded and forgot to use the kill link.... this file was never downloaded more than twice. A week or so after i did this i noticed the ban and couldnt say anything about this..

I had literally just re-subscribed for 3 months prior to this, so i was kinda hoping to atleast receive my premium on here back if possible.

Im pretty sure some people here would vouch for that fact i have/had no intention of hosting 0.4 im still very new to it anyways.

Pay again. You broke the rules, now you pay the consequence.

You are able to just transfer items to your dedicated host without speedyshare. Those are the rules, and you broke them ;)

everyone have special ways to do that

so he didn't made a crime

You actually published the source code, which violates Otland rules. The link must have been published somewhere. Otherwise we wouldn't know about it if you kept it private.

You actually published the source code, which violates Otland rules. The link must have been published somewhere. Otherwise we wouldn't know about it if you kept it private.

I'm actually the one that told Saints to use the 0.4_dev for his server and suggested he donate to OTland. I think the only way it was found on Speedyshare was if someone searched for the exact name in the Speedyshare search.
I should have told him to use WinSCP or wget from his localhost to install the revision on his dedicated server, but I guess I didn't mention it, and Speedyshare is an effective method to upload a file to a Windows dedicated server (most users don't know about connecting your C:\ to the dedi & securely transferring files that way).

Yes, he published the source code on Speedyshare, but he didn't do it with the intention to share it with other users. He didn't do it for the reason the rule was made to fight against.

Saints, I suggest you contact Talaturen, you know I can vouch for you. You don't have anyone to even give a revision to.
Red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back