• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Bardock's Mapping Thread

This is the bay's port. It has a small boat, because the bay is small too, like Cormaya. I had the idea for a script that if you right-click the map in the wall some locations like shops, temple, and other stuff will be marked in the mini-map.

port.png
bardok just to help you if you havent it yet :$
in the server i was working(Elienter) with a friend we use this script in movements to make the players know were the thinks where with small marks
i hope it work for you :$
you just need to change it a little bit to make it an action :)

PHP:
local config = {
	storage = 58200,
	version = 1, -- Increase this value after adding new marks, so player can step again and receive new map marks
	marks = {
		{mark = 3, pos = {x = 346, y = 889, z = 7}, desc = "Depot, training monks, and tools shop"},
		{mark = 2, pos = {x = 395, y = 856, z = 7}, desc = "NPC Loot"},
		{mark = 5, pos = {x = 343, y = 831, z = 7}, desc = "NPC runes y potions"},
		{mark = 14, pos = {x = 319, y = 897, z = 7}, desc = "NPC Addons"},
		{mark = 1, pos = {x = 326, y = 907, z = 7}, desc = "Distance Shop"},
		{mark = 15, pos = {x = 411, y = 903, z = 7}, desc = "Salida, exit"},
		{mark = 1, pos = {x = 501, y = 864, z = 7}, desc = "Wyverns"},
		{mark = 1, pos = {x = 580, y = 907, z = 7}, desc = "Cyclops"},
		{mark = 1, pos = {x = 476, y = 786, z = 7}, desc = "Ghouls, tarantulas, beholders"},
		{mark = 1, pos = {x = 518, y = 777, z = 7}, desc = "Dragons"},
	}
}

local f_addMark = doPlayerAddMapMark
if(not f_addMark) then f_addMark = doAddMapMark end

function onStepIn(cid, item, position, fromPosition)
	if(isPlayer(cid) ~= TRUE or getPlayerStorageValue(cid, config.storage) == config.version) then
		return
	end

for _, m  in pairs(config.marks) do
		f_addMark(cid, m.pos, m.mark, m.desc ~= nil and m.desc or "")
                doCreatureSay(cid,"Check your minimap!", TALKTYPE_ORANGE_1)
	end
	setPlayerStorageValue(cid, config.storage, config.version)
	return TRUE
end

Thanks a lot dude! :D Since the map is for Zerstora, I have to talk with the team, so we could implement this script. Rep++ :peace:

(SPANISH)pak veas k no ai resentimientos u.u
:) i just want to help.
:DDD else thx :D you make me have a new bar :) rep++. need to spred :/ pff

Nice menz D:

and yeah, javiersin i think we will use that script. Will help a lot of people considering its a custom map :p

Wow! It looks really cool. Please finnish this project. It's going to be the best server!

I knew this piece was for quarantine before I even read the sentence you wrote :D

Looks like you actually captured the color and scene of the theme.

I love it! When I saw it I said WOW! And I thought: "Bardock has become a GREAT mapepr!"
Dude, that work is fu** awsome..

I said what I thought of your latest screenshot on otfans, but add this: I also dislike the groundmixing, even if it's not much it still looks wrong :(

24o0iua.png

I don't like the red part. Never liked those as a railing :p
The mountain with the yellow square is unnaturally shaped.. Change it like (not exactly) the little mountain on the right, so it looks more natural.
Orange: Why are there monsters that are unreachable, free exp for distance fighters plx!

For the rest, I don't really like how you placed the details.. would have done it different :p

Overall, looks playable and you tried to give it this 'infested' atmosphere.. which kind of worked :w00t:

@Macedoon,
Check the Quarantine Project development thread first. Those monsters are there based on a drawing, so it's ok if they're unreachable. :p About the other stuff, I might change stuff. Thanks for sharing your opinion. :peace:

Looks cool, should have taken it in the dark though;)
Would have looked creepier and probably better because it's a dark environment. Change the mountain shape and I'm OK with it:)
Though you should make it more like the drawing, with the 2 small towers besides the entrance

Back