• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Basic GM Commands

kakilo

jay, jay jay
Reaction score
For the moderation, read first:
I want to make a test in this forum, how tutorials are approved and what manner did you judges, then approve or disaprove. For this reason, this topic is just a test.
The moderator that see the topic first, please, can you answer me this questions? That's a freaking doubt and it is bothering me a lot. I want to improve some systems of feedback and content, so I need some experience in this area. To you guys:

-What the avaliation method for the posted tutorials?
-And if it was been disapproved, what you do?
-And if it was been approved, what you do?
-People can send comments in the tutorials that have not received an avaliation yet?

This is all I need to know, sorry for any incovenience that It may cause. For the topic doesn't stay in blank, there as a couple of GM commands below:

ELEPORTING
How to teleport ur Game Master (GM) or Community Manager (CM) on your OT/the ot u are GM/CM on.

Just write /a and the numbers of SQM (squaremeters) you want to teleport.

Example: /a 2 = teleport 2 steps forward
------------------------------------------------------------

Making Items

How to make items with your CM/GM character.
I don't know how to explain this one but I'll try my best!

To make 1 item like a sword. Write
/n sword 1
Or u don't have to write 1 in the end. Just make a space. like /n sword . (without . )

When you make cash or other items that u can have in bigger amounts like apples/GP you need say
/n gold coin 100
for 100 gold coins. U see that? U need write the item first then the amount. And don't write /n gold coinS with S. Just gold coin.
------------------------------------------------------------

Add Magic Levels/Skills/Levels with ur CM/GM.

Write
/addskill NAME, level
to make a character advance lvl.

Example:
/addskill coronal, level
/addskill coronal, sword fight
/addskill coronal, magic level

No space after that u wrote it!
-----------------------------------------------------------

"buy" houses with ur GM/CM

Walk into a house and just write /owner NAME
Example:
/owner coronal

Sorry for the bad english.

Since the tutorial might be useful for newbeginners, it is a candidate for tutorials --> basic. Especially since it is Open Tibia related.
Everybody can make tutorials, its a nice way to learn better English, interact and help the community.

But there are many flaws I see:
Incorrect English. U/you, ur/your.

"U need write the item first then the amount."
Overall poorly formated.
--> "First you need to write the item or itemid, then the desired amount." Would perhaps be better.

"And don't write /n gold coinS with S. Just gold coin."
Why are you using an "and" statement? Wouldn't it be better and more understanding if you wrote something totally different like:

Names might be a bit case sensitive, you should overall avoid big capitalization:
Working sample: /n crystal coin 100
Buggy sample: /n crysTaL cOin 100

Also, I would mention that writing itemid also works. Crystal coin = itemid 2160. /i 2160,100 (or /i 2160 100) should also work. (Might differ a bit depending on your distribution[OT server core engine]).

To make it completely approved (chance to get your tutorial in here: OtLand - Tutorials )
You also need to make the tutorial more like an article. I have myself several big and rather good tutorials, but none of them apparently are qualified for this. So its only for people who really knows this stuff and can write nice tutorial article like tutorials pretty much without any flaws in grammar, formating and spelling mistakes in English.

Also styling might be important.
Making bold text, color text, lists. Helps making it visible and easier to read than just plain text all the time.

Learning BBcode might be handy, but not required. In the text box when writing a thread you will get a variety of buttons you can click to help you make the tags you are looking for. For an example the Bold tag, Italic tag, the Underline.

A sample of LIST tag:
  • One
  • Two
  • Three
    • Three and a half
  • Four
  • Five

When I am making a big tutorial, I also make sure to give a nice introduction to what they are about to learn, and why they should learn it. Perhaps a personal comment and some links to an FAQ post and such things.

I have lots of tutorials, a sample where I give a nice introduction before the tutorial starts, is my Uniform Server tutorial:
http://otland.net/f479/nothing-full...niform-server-forgotten-server-0-3-6-a-77593/

Here I test performance XAMPP vs Uniform Server, and a variety of other reasons why to pick Uniform Server instead of XAMPP.

I also make "Knowledge like tutorials". For an example how to increase server performance:
http://otland.net/f138/increase-performance-your-ot-server-73450/

Also use of images might be very good. Much easier to follow the tutorial that way. A nice sample would be my tutorial about reducing lag-spikes consumed by website:
http://otland.net/f138/tutorial-how-reduce-upload-consumed-loading-webpages-w-pictures-4100/
Or how to connect to Otland voice chat server Mumble:
http://otland.net/f138/connect-official-otland-net-mumble-server-similar-ventrilo-teamspeak-136110/

Now I just got inspired to make a tutorial about making tutorials haha. :D

And by the way, this post I just wrote here. Is bad English. And it is poorly formatted as well.
But still, compare it with your post. :p

Last edited:
But when I post the tutorial do it goes instantly visible or need a approvation before people can see it?

It goes instantly visible.

Back