• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Basics

superoy

Reaction score
Good evening!
I have a real simple question, im new to OTs and im about to create a 9.80-86.
I downloaded @Talaturen 's [9.80-9.86] The Forgotten Server v0.2.15 (Mystic Spirit).
Wich basically means that (in my eyes) that should be the engine of the server.
I figured that i need;
-A map.
-Datapack.

So I downloaded both from around 9.8x~
@Teckman 's 9.81 Global map with 50 quests: warzones, wote, inq, poi

I thought that it would've been able to just likely copy the datapack over the TFS' data folder & run it.
However it had quite a few problems.. (I thought I needed an other .sql database instead of forgotten.sql?)

Thanks for helping me out!

Look,
There are 3 types of TFS. (4 if you count v0.4)
1- TFS 0.2 (Latest (free) version is v0.2.15)
2- TFS 0.3 (Latest (free) STABLE version is v0.3.6pl1) (There used to be a TFS 0.4, but it was renamed to 0.3.7)
3- TFS 1.0 (I have no idea about this, it's been released pretty soon anyway, you need a premium OtLand account to use this, I obviously don't have one)

The most stable (free) version would be TFS v0.2.15, but TFS v0.3.6pl1 has more functions, etc. (I'm not really sure about the differences between them, except that v0.2.15 is much more stable).

However,
Most datapacks were made for TFS 0.3.6pl1, and that is due to the extra functions and features 0.3.6pl1 offers. You probably tried to use a TFS 0.3.6pl1 datapack on your 0.2.15 engine, which will not work. (Unless you get a premium OtLand account and use 1.0, I think that was a merge between those two engines)
You are better off using that if you want a download & run server

So, what you suggest is buying premium & download 9.80-9.86 1.0 TFS from permium boards (woch is the easiest?)

Thanks for your answer anyways!

- - - Updated - - -

And what about the database files?

What kind of problems?
You should use the SQL file provided with the server, but the datafile can also have scripts with tables and trying to execute them and thats why you get errors because thoose tables are not in the database?

Look,
There are 3 types of TFS. (4 if you count v0.4)
1- TFS 0.2 (Latest (free) version is v0.2.15)
2- TFS 0.3 (Latest (free) STABLE version is v0.3.6pl1) (There used to be a TFS 0.4, but it was renamed to 0.3.7)
3- TFS 1.0 (I have no idea about this, it's been released pretty soon anyway, you need a premium OtLand account to use this, I obviously don't have one)

Hey! I'm struggling to find a good working 9.86 server, is TFS 1.0 something I should go for? I wouldn't want to buy a premium here only to find out it's no good. My main problem is monsters not dropping exactly what they should, spells not fully working and stuff.

Is TFS 1.0 the gem I'm looking for?

Back