• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Battle Royale - share your thoughts!

Would you like to play Battle Royale server?

• Total voters

Kuzyn

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
KfR21K1.png

Hey! We want to know (as we I mean Ranger's Arcani team) if you would like play on Battle Royale server. This kind of games are getting more and more popular. So we decided to discuss an idea of making this mode in Tibia. For sure it will work on modified otclient so Tibia version doesn't really matter.

For those who doesn't know the BR I've got a short explanation:
- 100 (or less, no more) players decides when to jump off the of plane/bus whatever and then they try to land in the desired area.
- the map is an island, from time to time (2/3 minutes) the game zone gets smaller and players needs to follow the changes.
- these games are FPS, so you can find a random drop on the ground (guns, ammos, medkits, bulletproof vests) and shoot with every other player.
- generally you can play solo, duo or with your whole team (3/4).
- the last man/team standing wins the game.

Of course we can't convert it 1:1 into Tibia. We wouldn't do a flying plane, undoubtedly we will prepare some kind of spawn system when player can decide on which part of the map he/she wants to spawn.

Please help us decide, what kind of lore/setting you would like to see and how you want to play it. I've got few options for you:

Setting:
  • Ranger's Arcani - we take some equipment, weapons and potions from our main Tibia server (swords, axes, clubs, hammers, wands, crossbows, bows etc.)
  • Medieval Shooter Battle Royale - we use just bows, crossbows and maybe wands.
  • Realistic Shooter Battle Royale - we prepare some new sprites for guns, ammos, medkits and other useful items.
  • Other - please write it in a post.
Vocations:
  • No vocations, regular BR - this means that all players can use everything because they are all the same.
  • Mage, Hunter, Mercenary - three vocations than can use only proper weapons.
Spawn system:
  • Completely random - random spawn points, player can't decide where to spawn.
  • Premade areas - player can decide in which area he wants to spawn, but the exact point is unkown for him.
Ranking system:
  • Rankings - the system saves every result and you can check your and others stats.
  • No rankings - you just play for fun, every win and lose will be gone.
Health info:
  • Health is invisible - you can't see health points of your enemies
  • Health is visible - you can see your enemies' health and they can see yours
Funding:
  • SMS Shop with new outfits
  • Donations
  • any other ideas?

Last edited:
Heh, Good ol' Kitano. I'd says (Ranger's Arcani, No vocations, regular BR [with builds], Completely random, Rankings, N/A on health, BYOP[ayment]). I'd also suggest completely custom sprites.

I used to play "battle royal" back in the day, it was in my opinion best war server out there. I wish you goodluck and hopefully you'll be successful with your server.

I love the idea.

A few hints from someone who played quite a few hundred hours of Battle Royal Games...

- You need to disable stuff like exiva (not sure if obvious)
- You should also disable stuff like self-healing
- The damage dealt by weapon should NOT be randomized. As example using a cross bow should always be 4 hits on a target without equipment
- Health should be invisible otherwise you can simply skip on a fight or try to pick a fight with someone less healthy...
- I suggest complete random spawn points, because premade arease would need to be made available one after another so you can either wait until the end of the route or go in at first.... idk that sounds way too complex to implement ;-)
- regular BR - and just make some weapon more valueable and others less... guess knight weapon are kinda the crowbars or pans of pubg then xd

if I happen to get more ideas ill let you know :)

Created Battle Royale event a few months ago, which could of be turned into the server, but there wasn't that much interest do it at a time, the forum thread was more active, but only a few players tried within few months.
I hope you will have more followers, these games require several players online at any time.

@Silverstone
Exiva? xD We won't use any Tibia spells. We want to create a BR in Tibia world, it doesn't mean we want to copy spells etc. just a 2d perspective, x, y, z, grid and things like that.

183 views, 10 votes - Otland, you disappointed me o_O

Yeah, it's pretty obvious that you thought of it.
Sadly we cannot read ones mind yet.

However I guess I was mistaken and my time here giving you a few hints is just wasted.

The pitfall I see here is custom client, custom assets and all that.

I would try to take advantage of tibia assets. Spells, weapons and armor for instance could be considered loot, healing runes and potions could be considered "medpack/boosters". Monsters could be challenges. Red zone could be replaced with localized Raids. There is legit potential to create a battle royale like game without any modifications to the client or TFS engine. HP/mana regen could be set to 0, and a limited amount of healing items in-game would result in resources depleting and players dying eventually.

If you could limit this to just Lua scripts and a custom map, it would be a far more achievable starting point, and could evolve into something that is not just a shitty 2d clone of pubg. More time to balance things and create interesting in-game features.

The pitfall I see here is custom client, custom assets and all that.

I would try to take advantage of tibia assets. Spells, weapons and armor for instance could be considered loot, healing runes and potions could be considered "medpack/boosters". Monsters could be challenges. Red zone could be replaced with localized Raids. There is legit potential to create a battle royale like game without any modifications to the client or TFS engine. HP/mana regen could be set to 0, and a limited amount of healing items in-game would result in resources depleting and players dying eventually.

If you could limit this to just Lua scripts and a custom map, it would be a far more achievable starting point, and could evolve into something that is not just a shitty 2d clone of pubg. More time to balance things and create interesting in-game features.

I agree completely with Znote, worst issue for a server like BR is that you always need active players online to make it work, if there is no one online no new players can try it and it's hard to get it going, therefore you might lose some people by doing custom client or similar. To start with it's better to just go simple and advance from that.
As znote also state and what i think is most important in a BR is the balance of the game this is the core which should be the focus.

I agree completely with Znote, worst issue for a server like BR is that you always need active players online to make it work, if there is no one online no new players can try it and it's hard to get it going, therefore you might lose some people by doing custom client or similar. To start with it's better to just go simple and advance from that.
As znote also state and what i think is most important in a BR is the balance of the game this is the core which should be the focus.

just add matchmaking system on website and when it finds all players click login! :D

Nothing wrong with using a Custom Client.
The issue of "no players online" is real, but as long as your game is good, people will be willing to download your client to play it.

The only thing I could see making the game boring, is if you use "On Target" spells for everything.
Then, whoever loots the better spells wins each battle, because you just press the hotkey and it kills the target.

I would suggest you do the following:
  1. Make movement speed kind of slow (Like a level 10 or 20 on tibia slow)
  2. Make the Loot Drops be mainly skill-shots (So whoever has the better loot doesn't automatically win)
    -For Example:
    ---1000ms Delayed great fireballs for "grenades" (so people can run from them).
    ---500ms Delayed Explosion Runes for "gunshots"
    ---2000ms Delayed Healing Rune
    ---etc
  3. Make it so you cannot heal unless you are standing still. (To make healing risky)
  4. Do not have stair-hopping areas (I would almost suggest having every single upstairs/downstairs in the game, be a one-way. Otherwise people could stairhop forever)
  5. Make Traps for Defensive Positions. (Give players a reason to fear going inside buildings that may have already been looted)
Just make sure the game is more strategy and skill-based, than luck based. I would hate for someone to drop down, loot a M249, and all they have to do is Attack People and the auto-attack kills everyone in the game in 2 seconds.

Nothing wrong with using a Custom Client.
The issue of "no players online" is real, but as long as your game is good, people will be willing to download your client to play it.

The only thing I could see making the game boring, is if you use "On Target" spells for everything.
Then, whoever loots the better spells wins each battle, because you just press the hotkey and it kills the target.

I would suggest you do the following:
  1. Make movement speed kind of slow (Like a level 10 or 20 on tibia slow)
  2. Make the Loot Drops be mainly skill-shots (So whoever has the better loot doesn't automatically win)
    -For Example:
    ---1000ms Delayed great fireballs for "grenades" (so people can run from them).
    ---500ms Delayed Explosion Runes for "gunshots"
    ---2000ms Delayed Healing Rune
    ---etc
  3. Make it so you cannot heal unless you are standing still. (To make healing risky)
  4. Do not have stair-hopping areas (I would almost suggest having every single upstairs/downstairs in the game, be a one-way. Otherwise people could stairhop forever)
  5. Make Traps for Defensive Positions. (Give players a reason to fear going inside buildings that may have already been looted)
Just make sure the game is more strategy and skill-based, than luck based. I would hate for someone to drop down, loot a M249, and all they have to do is Attack People and the auto-attack kills everyone in the game in 2 seconds.

My point on the custom client was rather that the time that consumes you should rather put into making the game balanced and good, more focus on gameplay rather than visuals and after that you can look into the custom parts.

Back