• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Beginnger Mapper (feedback highly welcome!)

@Fratbia definitely looking better, still looks autobordered (it may not be, but it looks it. straight). Try add some shape to it like @poopsiedoodle said.

I think that it's okay to have some really straight roads, for example look at Thais from Real Tibia, all of it's paths are pretty much 100% straight. But Thais is an organised well laid out town whereas yours is obviously just a little bit random. It's always good to plan a town beforehand in terms of shop locations etc. I like to imagine myself as a player spawning in at the temple and going from there.

Lots of work to go but progress is everything :)

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far! Like I keep saying, I appreciate every single one of them. It's truly the only way for me to become a better mapper! :)

That being said, I have a little screenie of something I have just done :)

1ae1cea677.jpg

Cheers~

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far! Like I keep saying, I appreciate every single one of them. It's truly the only way for me to become a better mapper! :)

1ae1cea677.jpg

Cheers~
the mountain is a bit too square-y. Also, you're using the wrong borders around the bottom waterfall, and you're missing a few borders at the top one.
Also, why is there a bed in the building if there's no way to get in?

the mountain is a bit too square-y. Also, you're using the wrong borders around the bottom waterfall, and you're missing a few borders at the top one.
Obv a magic wizard tps there to sleep at night. Hurr durrr

Below the barrel theres a secret rope

1ae1cea677.jpg

Cheers~

IMO you should use the borders 4456 - 4467 around the mountain, instead of those old ones, and as mentioned above, you gotta work on the borders around the waterfall.

Back