• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Behaviour of monsters in older versions

bpawel10

Intermediate OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

nowadays, if there are some fire/energy/poison fields between me and a monster which isn't immune to this element and the only way to me runs through the field, it won't go through it and attack me as long as I won't attack it.

Do you guys know if monsters behaviour was the same in older Tibia versions and if not, when has it changed?

I'm not sure exactly what was changed and when but back in old versions (pre 7) monsters wouldn't even walk diagonally (you couldn't either; you had to push yourself). I believe you could also trap Giant Spider with fire/energy bomb. I think you can something was changed but it's harder to nail down exactly what and in which specific version it changed.

Hello,

nowadays, if there are some fire/energy/poison fields between me and a monster which isn't immune to this element and the only way to me runs through the field, it won't go through it and attack me as long as I won't attack it.

Do you guys know if monsters behaviour was the same in older Tibia versions and if not, when has it changed?

Monsters behaviour wasn't the same in older Tibia versions.

Before, if there were elemental fields between you and a monster which wasn't immune to the element, it wouldn't go trough and attack you even if you attacked it, for as long as the field stayed active.
In Tibia version 7.1 it was common to trap Cyclops in fire bombs and Giant Spiders in energy bombs, while you shot them down.

In older client versions, not many monsters seemed to be immune to elements at all. That's why you can see dragons blocked by poison walls, Giant Spiders blocked by fire fields,
sgHKiT3.png

ItfNQUM.png

v7calSG.png

Way back you could even trap demons with ordinary boxes.

For more information visit: Nightmare Knights

Some other interesting websites:
http://www.alatar.de:80/misc/tibia/eng_tibia.html
http://www.jungbluth.de/tibia

Thanks for info! However, I didn't mean so old version, the most important for me is 8.0.

But we all know pre-7 versions had a lot of bugs so is it possible that this possibility to trap monsters with fields was one of these bugs, which was fixed later, and then after some time CipSoft changed it again to make game easier?

You can read about every single update here (it also has links to all official announcements by CIP)

Updates

Back