• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Berciq Showoff - Desert

Berciq

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
Hey, I made some desert climate places and villages. Enjoy!

1. Overwiev, still unfinished :S
hD1Ny5w.png

2. Old idea was little changed with market along main street
Szr6bhq.png

3. Still one can buy whole island ^^
YBVN1PP.png

tf5YUxB.png

5. Also animal market
x8K5H1C.gif

6. City Gate. and little beach with lifguard ^^ It was supposed to be rich city because of silver and platinum mines but I didn't know how to update graphics but leaving my exchanged old ones :S
D1fvrAw.png

Post automatically merged:

7. Another City
mZGNFZL.png

8. With not-too-complicated pathway
VYxAFNx.png
9. Lighthouse
1MZvdFy.png

10. Little market in the city

Last edited:
Add more freedom to items and space to move around the map. (picture. 5,6,9)
You can see that there is a lot going on and the city is bustling with life. I'd even say it's a pirate trading town.
So they can be more varied, e.g. with water ports.
Good luck and have fun!

11. wow, pyramids, such original....
54iT8xY.png

12. But deep in the night they give some fun
HZN6PgP.png

13. City's Market
WuwBiOU.png

14. Temple
6KIV0Qw.png

15. Arena
JUBnx2Q.png

16. Depot
qoQ1r69.png

17. Undergrounds
9KOTAKz.png

18. Along river
9XHsP2G.png

19. Armourer and Smith
HKALowT.png

20. Vine Plants
03nJu0Z.png

10* Once more, maybe gif would work:
ezgif-2-60f4e499dd.gif

Last edited:
dude, landscapes and the main outlay is top, but your details arent always good. you use sprites that sometimes dont fit with each other in terms of color and the borders are sloopy.

its obvious that you have a lot of creativity and mapping energy. i would make a map and then when its done, rework the details and borders here and there.

your mapping style is the opposite of the "established" way of making maps, such as blackstone, eisernefestung, andrew and so on. their maps are very detailed and well made, every single sprite, color and border is on point, but they not always leave the borders of the "normal" and dont create something "groundbreaking" that was never seen before. their maps look more like .... hmm... classical paintings or something like this, but you try to be more avantgarde.

if you would team up with one of these people, the results would be great. you give the main idea, outlay, and ideas for places and such and they re- do some details here and there without changing the outlay.

my fav mappers are nicolos and 2rec. both can do the clawsic way, but they are at the same time avantgarde. check them out, i always wanted to map loke them

Back