• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Best way to learn C++?

Infernum

Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
I've been using http://www.learncpp.com/ for a couple days, and I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there's any better websites or ways to learn the language (ones that go into detail)

Anything is appreciated :D

Simplest way to find tutorials is to use google.
Code:
c# tutorial
About 1,310,000 results (0.28 seconds) 

c++ tutorial
About 2,570,000 results (0.26 seconds) 

c tutorial
About 88,400,000 results (0.40 seconds) 

etc..

Code:
c# tutorial

c++ tutorial

c tutorial

etc..
Love you too, xD. I've searched like crazy but there's no super noob, newbie, firsttimer tutorials. Xd

Code:
c# tutorial

c++ tutorial

c tutorial

etc..
I'm not worried about finding thousands of tutorials.
The point of this thread was to ask people that know c++ any efficient ways to learn the language.
Yes of course I could search google and find many tutorials but I figured it would be better to ask the people here and see what their input would be.

I would actually start off with C if you dont have any experience at all. C++ can be hard for newcomers with boost, templates... and those awesome features

But C is so simple yet effective =)

I would actually start off with C if you dont have any experience at all. C++ can be hard for newcomers with boost, templates... and those awesome features

But C is so simple yet effective =)
It's not bad way, but you don't have to start with boost, templates.. those are in advanced. I haven't started looking at boost libraries until i have been learning c++ for 1.5 years.

hm, got a similiar website for Csharp? aka C#?

I think the best way to learn is to do it. Like for learning lua I would suggest someone running either love2d or forgottenserver. For C# I would suggest Unity3d and their community.

@OP

Sorry I can't be of much use on that one, my best suggestion would be the way I would do it. That is simply set up your environment to where you can compile.... you guessed it, the forgottenserver. Once you can compile it, start with some of the code releases from here at otland and see if you can compile again! Find something, change it, just see if you can figure it out and make it work. Once it's compiled, run it! Login and see your work being executed in game! Its a great feeling.

I learn it at school...my professor created his own website to teach code, and I forgot what the name of that wonderful website :(

Like Wirless said, Sololearn is a very nice way to learn some languages!!

Back