• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Better energy?

I dont know, noone else does either since antimatter hasnt been discovered yet. ^_^

As the researchers report in a study posted at arXiv.org, the antihelium-4 nucleus consists of four antiparticles: two antiprotons and two antineutrons. To observe the new antimatter, the scientists collided gold nuclei with each other a billion times. These high-energy collisions produced a quark gluon plasma, which is a hot, dense matter that contains roughly equal numbers of quarks and antiquarks. As the plasma cooled, it transitioned into a hadron gas and produced protons, neutrons, and their antiparticles. The scientists observed a total of 18 antimatter helium-4 nuclei in this gas, demonstrating that antihelium-4 does indeed exist.

pardon me?

How wasnt this on the news?!?

If they could make it work to use amtimatter than wouldnt we have any energy problems anymore since it would produce about 100 times more energy than the same mass of fusion reactor fuel (No idea how its called in english~).

Last edited:
Well it would be simply amazing if we could actually create big amounts of antimatter, than would nuclear reactors be useless and these damn things would be destroyed.
So to your question, if were able to create enough antimatter to actually use it to make energy than wouldnt we have any energy problems anymore.

They can make just core of antimatter atoms(actually they have put positrons in orbits around them but are just as unstable), but they are highly unstable, they decay in about 1/10 of a second, but more research is being made over and over about this, and the implications about antimatter are so profound that it would change our live's as we know it. Some People may not agree.

Yeah i just read that they could trap 38 atoms for 172 millisecs in a magnetic trap.
Right now it takes 100 billion years to create 1 gram of antihydrogen.
But im pretty sure that we will be able to make enough antimatter to use it as energy resource in the next couple hundred years.

Edit: Seems like that was just wishthinking, the production of antimatter takes always atleast as much energy as the annihilation produces.

Last edited:
That is correct, but you got to remember that our technology grows exponentially, That statistic was based with the current technology of the time, but it will change in the mere future, who knows, it may be that in about a few decades this may happen? Only Time will Tell....

Love you too Luisa!

when i was reading the title of this thread i was thinking this would have something to do with redbull/monster energy drinks.. this just ruined my day :/

Well then sounds like a personal problem to me, go to walmart or a convenience store and buy it read the label in it if you want to read stuff about energy drinks :p or go to google, it has tun of information, please don't be going off topic.

Ontopic: We will find other alternatives with time, in this decade we will be using magnet technology, and it will be going on and on until we have reach that antimatter technological era.

I personally think that it will take ATLEAST 1-2 hundred years until weve got that technology.

Walmart it is.. and I actually disagree with dastan, it will soon be here, I mean we already got things that people never though would exist by now :eek:

That is correct, like i said earlier, Technology grows exponentially, That is why our future cannot be predicted, our technological future is uncertain, and a difference is that exponents have patters, but technology doesn't because it derives from the HUMAN MIND.

I think men should focus on nuclear fusion first, it gives enormous amounts of energy and we already know much more about it then about the antimatter technology. Just imagine, like 20 power plants that provide energy to the whole world

Yes, but if we can partially divide our main research in both, we can achieve both of them in a finite amount of time(less then expected) but yes, you are absolutely right, we should focus more on fusion, but also derive our time to antimatter as well.
I have not stressed enough of how our technology "grows exponentially" so this mean that our technological advancement will be overwhelmingly enormous, and I don't know about you guys but, to me this is amazing(my own opion), how we are going to experience the most changes that may ever occur in the planet(some may not agree)

Yep, I bet there's gonna be another boom soon when they finally find some cheap way to produce carbon nanotubes, find out how to get energy from nuclear fusion, produce cheap OLED screens, it's gonna be like back in 50's or 60's when they developed nuclear power plants, cheap way to produce plastic and other things that we use nowadays and can't imagine life without it. I don't even bother computers, mobile phones etc, but that's another good example

This all may be part of the singularity(not the big crunch), the singularity theory bought me, from the first time I heard of it, it is very interesting how the future may be for us, and once the dramatic changes start coming abroad our lives, everything will drastically change. Some people say, don't think too much of the future, just live in the present, it is safe to say that:"The present is only brink point between the future and past, and its almost at past, so, think about the future, which is the only thing that matters."
but then again that is my point of view, i know so many of you have your own "theories" about how things will get in the near future.

Back