• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Better one for hosting? -> Windows XP SP3 vs Vista vs Windows 7 <-

Reaction score
Cordial greetings OTLand community ❤

Today I would like to know your opinion on which OS would be better for hosting, from these 3 options:
  • Windows XP SP3
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows 7
I've read hosting is heaps better in Linux but for now I don't have that option, nor any outside those 3 choices, though if you would like to share your knowledge and reasoning on other OS's, that is optional but surely appreciated :)

Thanks, happy weekend everyone ❤

Windows 7 is better optimized and secure as mentioned above. Also the x64 version of XP is terrible and loaded with bugs, so if you need x64 you should go with Windows 7. And Vista is not to good either.

Windows 7 is better optimized and secure as mentioned above. Also the x64 version of XP is terrible and loaded with bugs, so if you need x64 you should go with Windows 7. And Vista is not to good either.

Thanks ❤

Would x64 version of Windows 7 be better for hosting than the x86 version of it?

Have a blessed monday ❤

You really shouldn't host a serious project from home. Either way though, Windows Server 2012 is probably what you should use. Win7 is for personal use, not serious hosting.

Thanks ❤

Would x64 version of Windows 7 be better for hosting than the x86 version of it?

Have a blessed monday ❤

Yeah x64 is best because it can use more ram. And the above user is correct, Win7 is not really for serious hosting, but out of the options you posted, it's the best.

Back