• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Big German Youtuber wants to start an own client!

Another project that their first goal before they even start is to make money from it?
Who doesn't host for profit nowadays? I played servers since years and still playing but I cannot even list 2-3 non-profit OTS out there.
I believe 99% of online server owners are hosting for profit, They even use the free open sources out there then change its name and remove the credits without any respect to the contributors who wasted their own time to bring it out.

Last edited:
agree with lordvissie, that's the request in a nutshell.

ive work on my own server for about 3 years now. (and its not ready yet.)
all "alone", learn to code, to map, to work with sprites, got better pc and switch ISP 3 times.

it take a lot to create good server and take even more work if you have vision for it.
no clue who this guy is.. but seems like he has no idea how much effort need to be put into a good quality and stable server.

just tip for WallstreetWolf
you wont make good money from your own preject anytime soon.
its constent work for few years before you see a single dollar from your server.
even if you manage to find good quality team to do it for you.

your aproch into the comunity is full of ego.
this comunnity has shared and support many new members such as myself.

i could not even start my vision without the help of this great comunnity.
example of few GREAT systems they help and share with me and many others.

Gamble System
Auto loot System
Lucky coin
Crafting System
Fishing System
Annihilator
Balanced vocations
Unique Quest System
Cursed chests
Events
Monster Arena
ddos Protection System

id leave the big shot millionaire youtuber with the sponsers and "money ain't a thang for me" and "i don't need any of you" ego out of this place.

and if you not willing to work with 99% of the people here.
your project is already failed!.

Nobody works for free? Uhm you made me to rethink it... ahh, Apes work for free... Sorry i forgot.

I don’t think that you know what forum you’re posting on. What a joke.

And, from experience, people that brag about how much money they are making, almost never are. 💁‍♀️

Red

In my point of view my post has nothing to do with arrogance. I would like to share my intention and what i thought while writing this stuff in my first post.

I mentioned the 750k subs because i wanted to tell you that i have a community. I think its an advantage. I can easily advertise for a game, even more if i play this game.
I wrote that i earn good cash. I thought for such a project cash is necessary. Nobody works for free? Uhm you made me to rethink it... ahh, Apes work for free... Sorry i forgot.
And i wrote,that one of my biggest dream became true... It was a lot of hard work over years to reach this, maybe you cant imagine it. I just wanted to tell you this, because i think it shows that i work patiently on my goals.

I played ot servers in the past and i played an ot with own client. I dont remember the name but it was insane. Maybe a server is enough it can be discussed like everything.

And hell yeah, i want to earn cash with it... OF COURSE. I LOVE CASH. CASH IS GOOD haha. Well its not good its neutral, but you can make good things if youre a good person with it. To earn cash with your passion is for me the one of the best things in my life.
As i said i dont have any sginificant skills to create an OT or so, but i have ideas and a community which probably would play with me. I don't want to spend my time to learn everything what is needed. I can imagine to create a map, but not much more... I know how much work it is to learn everything what is needed to create an own client or ot.

Oh im so excited to read your reposts...

I gave you the benefit of the doubt but this post destroyed everything.

now you should piss off.

Remember boys if you mention money this community will be triggered we are like girls on menstruations.

I don’t think that you know what forum you’re posting on. What a joke.

And, from experience, people that brag about how much money they are making, almost never are. 💁‍♀️

Red
Agree with this.

Coming out saying you earn a lot of money on Youtube, likely means you do not earn a lot of money on Youtube, and likely along with it seems your goal with a server is to make more money. Now sure that seems like many peoples ideas these days, however if you are who you say you are, and have this 750k following you have plenty of opportunities to make far more money from it than creating a tibia server, unless... Either your following is that of a dead following, or your following doesn't exist.

Either way, several parts of your story or "idea" as you call it, don't add up, and I don't believe you'll find any success within this community of people.

@WallstreetWolf This is an Open Tibia community. Where the source code we work on is public.
... We work for free. We are for the most part sapiens.

You can download the source code for OT server and run it yourself for free: otland/forgottenserver (https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver)
You can download the source code for OT client and run it yourself for free: otland/otclient (https://github.com/otland/otclient)
You can download the source code for OT website and run it for yourself for free: Znote/ZnoteAAC (https://github.com/Znote/ZnoteAAC)
You can download the source code for map editor and run it for yourself for free: hjnilsson/rme (https://github.com/hjnilsson/rme)

750k subs on youtube? Thats awesome.
There are lots of cool stuff you can do, where you engage with your community and build an OT server together with them!
You could make a youtube series where you build your first OT server, host a public github repository where your audience can contribute to the server.
You could learn to code and map together with your audience.

And if you need help or get stuck, you can head over to our support forum, and we will help you out. For free. :)

@WallstreetWolf This is an Open Tibia community. Where the source code we work on is public.
... We work for free. We are for the most part sapiens.

You can download the source code for OT server and run it yourself for free: otland/forgottenserver (https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver)
You can download the source code for OT client and run it yourself for free: otland/otclient (https://github.com/otland/otclient)
You can download the source code for OT website and run it for yourself for free: Znote/ZnoteAAC (https://github.com/Znote/ZnoteAAC)
You can download the source code for map editor and run it for yourself for free: hjnilsson/rme (https://github.com/hjnilsson/rme)

750k subs on youtube? Thats awesome.
There are lots of cool stuff you can do, where you engage with your community and build an OT server together with them!
You could make a youtube series where you build your first OT server, host a public github repository where your audience can contribute to the server.
You could learn to code and map together with your audience.

And if you need help or get stuck, you can head over to our support forum, and we will help you out. For free. :)
The most mature sentence i seen so far.

Who doesn't host for profit nowadays? I played servers since years and still playing but I cannot even list 2-3 non-profit OTS out there.
I believe 99% of online server owners are hosting for profit, They even use the free open sources out there then change its name and remove the credits without any respect to the contributors who wasted their own time to bring it out.

This is actually really bad thinking. Most people who actually successfully host an OT server do not host for profit. It may be something they would like to see, of course, they put money and time into their project. The good news is the market sets the rules not the suppliers. Anyone that has hosted a server knows if you have a mind set of profit your not going to get anywhere. Most people I would say host a server because they want to make a game, play tibia the way they like it, have a passion for coding, mapping, ect. As a matter of fact you can look at every game industry in history and figure out the exact time they made profit a goal over the actual game itself. That is the number 1 cause of games going dead.

With that being said, anyone that says profit is a goal I immediately ignore as a developer completely because without a doubt the game will suck.

theme song from the apprentice starts playing: "money money money~"

If you really have 750K subs then aren't you pretty set for life as far as money goes? Just pump out videos, you get like thousand of dollars each video? Especially if it's a kids channel you don't really have to put much effort into making videos.

If you're only after money(which it seems like you are) then looking for sponsoring opportunities is a wiser decision than trying to create an OT server.

As i said i dont have any sginificant skills to create an OT or so, but i have ideas

A very good short article regarding this type of approach - You’re useless, idea guy.. (https://www.ameen.ai/wordpress/?p=708) - no offense, I don't mean to insult anyone, but the point is, everyone has ideas. So unless you can do some real work that requires skill and knowledge, the thing you bring to the table isn't of much use to anyone.

What you are offering is marketing. You want someone else to do all the work, and you will promote it. Sorry, but if the end product is good and indeed marketable, there are hundreds of other people than can also do that, but without the hassle of creating someone else's vision.

Maybe people were a bit harsh on you, but try to learn something from it, ok?

Pay more attention to how you convey your thoughts to a community you've never been to before. That might as well make you think twice prior to actually posting something. "Is this the best way to say it? Is there anything that can be misunderstood? What I'm saying is really necessary?"

Seeing beyond what was said to be ego and greed (which I think is just a lack of self awareness) and assuming you're no scammer, I'd say that it's really nice that you always had this dream and is willing to put some money on it, really. However, I'll suggest that you put some extra effort on defining what success should look like beyond cash and relative fame. "Is anyone going to have fun with this? Will the OT community be benefited?"

You didn't make the best of first impressions, but I still think you should be able to come and try to contribute, like @Znote said.

I sincerely hope something good comes out of this strange first contact. Hehe. :p

Most of the people in this thread were way too harsh. A youtuber (real or not - 750k subs or not - who really cares) wants to create more content (and therefore more money) for his channel in the form of an open tibia server and/or client. Sounds like he wants to make more of a career out of his online presence. He also specified in his post "I offer a great, fair and longterm cooperation.". Why everyone got so upset about this is baffling.
POWER TO HIM.

@WallstreetWolf
I think creating your own Tibia server and/or client is a good idea, I think there is a lot of potential for great youtube and streaming content in many different aspects. A really great starting point is @Znote's post above, this will give you some good grounding before asking your next questions.
I apologise for the reaction of others on this forum. It is perfectly reasonable for you to come here openly with your idea, qualify that you know little of the topic, and ask for help. I find most peoples reactions to this generally disheartening.

Most of the people in this thread were way too harsh. A youtuber (real or not - 750k subs or not - who really cares) wants to create more content (and therefore more money) for his channel in the form of an open tibia server and/or client. Sounds like he wants to make more of a career out of his online presence. He also specified in his post "I offer a great, fair and longterm cooperation.". Why everyone got so upset about this is baffling.
POWER TO HIM.

@WallstreetWolf
I think creating your own Tibia server and/or client is a good idea, I think there is a lot of potential for great youtube and streaming content in many different aspects. A really great starting point is @Znote's post above, this will give you some good grounding before asking your next questions.
I apologise for the reaction of others on this forum. It is perfectly reasonable for you to come here openly with your idea, qualify that you know little of the topic, and ask for help. I find most peoples reactions to this generally disheartening.
It is completely reasonable to think that people reacted the way that they did because they were not given any proof of this bold statement of the thread starter.
However he might not know how the forum works or what reaction he might have gotten. That is why Znote’s post was very fitting and well put.
I personally think that the thread starter would have received a much warmer welcome and more credibility if he simply linked his YouTube channel. I see few reasons not to do so.

It is completely reasonable to think that people reacted the way that they did because they were not given any proof of this bold statement of the thread starter.
However he might not know how the forum works or what reaction he might have gotten. That is why Znote’s post was very fitting and well put.
I personally think that the thread starter would have received a much warmer welcome and more credibility if he simply linked his YouTube channel. I see few reasons not to do so.

I think the community reacted that way because he tried to establish credibility by shoving a hint of his revenue and success in everyone's face.

Back