• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Big OT Servers DDOS Protection?

Ruhat

VIP User
Reaction score
Hi otlanders,

DDOS attacks are a big issue nowadays.
I can imagine that the biggest ot servers on otservlist are probably getting alot of ddos attacks.
But it seems like they have protection for it.

examples of ot servers that got many players: telania, hellsway, evolera, ethania, masiyah and much more.

Are they using dedi servers?
And do you guys know what kind of dedi servers they use?

Or any type of dns server?
Or any software firewall that's effective?

So what do you guys think?!??! :)

have fun with that. Cheap would be a lot lower. That is average for most decentish hosts but even so 250 euros+ a month is quite a lot of money and thats not even top hosting.

Afaik the hosts with good ddos protection are up in the thousands. And for a tibia server i would never pay anything near to that number. I don't understand where all these kids get thousands or even hundreds of euros.. When i was a kid, i'd be happy with having £5-10.. (8-12€?)..

have fun with that. Cheap would be a lot lower. That is average for most decentish hosts but even so 250 euros+ a month is quite a lot of money and thats not even top hosting.

Afaik the hosts with good ddos protection are up in the thousands. And for a tibia server i would never pay anything near to that number. I don't understand where all these kids get thousands or even hundreds of euros.. When i was a kid, i'd be happy with having £5-10.. (8-12€?)..
Those kids who play on their servers spend those 8-12€ they get and that adds up to the thousands for the OT hosters ;).

Those kids who play on their servers spend those 8-12€ they get and that adds up to the thousands for the OT hosters ;).

Yh but i've seen them start with a good host.. When i host mine if i ever finish it itll be nothing like that.. £50-60 to start xD

kids nowadays are smart.
They pay 500 euro for a nice server and get all money back from donations after some days.

Get a DDOS Protection Tunnel located wherever your server is to provide a seperate computer firewall to send clean traffic to the server and dispose of the other traffic elsewhere.

You'll have to do google searches as I am still trying to find a proper, affordable and effective solution.

I like how everyone disregarded what I said a VPS will protect you and it cost like 10 usd. >>

A VPS will not protect you under attacks, I don't know what has you thinking that. Maybe you just haven't been under a true DDOS.

I have a dedicated server with my gameserver located on it. I have my website on a vps. therefore when they will never find my servers true ip address. I linked the custom client I have to gameserver which there is no way to find the ip there since the hexing is encrypted. im a boss

@Ruhat Why dont u ask mark? AKA talaturen? since he is still the one hosting the biggest ot

I have a dedicated server with my gameserver located on it. I have my website on a vps. therefore when they will never find my servers true ip address. I linked the custom client I have to gameserver which there is no way to find the ip there since the hexing is encrypted. im a boss

you can solve that by using netstat to see which IP your client is sending packages to :p

Most kids wont be able to do that tho

The ultimate thing you could do is to

Optimize TFS to be able to load balance it on 3~ish servers at the same time.

Enter IP -> Load Balancer for login server -> login server 2 -> game server 3

Do no think that is possible tho :p

So is it possible to protect your Server against DDOS attacks or not?! and for free or nah?!

So is it possible to protect your Server against DDOS attacks or not?! and for free or nah?!
Yes it is (to some extent atleast). I don't know and effective way to get DDOS protection for free though.

Back