• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Big thread for replacements to AoL/Blessings - new systems for same purpose(TFS036 8.6)

Sinth

Argardh.com
Reaction score
Gday mates!

So, I'm looking for a replacement for the Amulet of Loss. What i'm thinking is:

Why not have a Ring of Loss? Or a Ammo-Slot-Item-of-Loss?

The problem ofcourse is that I want to use the Amulet-Slot for something more.. with the AoL all high-lvls will have an AoL and then 1 out of not many at all-slots is taken. I want to free it up so that I get another item-slot(without building custom-client ;) ).

Maybe it is possible to have an item in your backpack? What script would be needed for such a thing?

Blessings:

Is it possible to put the tfs036 standard blessings on items with scripts or is this a stillborn idea?

Is it possible to make a 'Blessing of Loss' with an easy script?

if you want to use an item in your backpack you can use doPlayerRemoveItem

You mean put a non-equippable item in bp with this?

Code:
        <attribute key="preventDrop" value="1" />

Why not just have players buy blessings? That makes aol useless and you have a free slot :)

Ummyeah that's true. Put the AoL on blessing with script.. well its the perfect solution for not having to use more eq-slots at least.

if you want to use an item in your backpack you can use doPlayerRemoveItem

Code:

Why not just have players buy blessings? That makes aol useless and you have a free slot :)

Ummyeah that's true. Put the AoL on blessing with script.. well its the perfect solution for not having to use more eq-slots at this at least.. / * waste any eq-slots, as that's what the problem with AoL is.

Code:

Ummyeah that's true. Put the AoL on blessing with script.. well its the perfect solution for not having to use more eq-slots at this at least.. / * waste any eq-slots, as that's what the problem with AoL is.
When you have all blessings you already have a 0% chance to drop items. Thus, AOL is useless without having to add anything.

If I remember correctly, AOL is simply a creaturescript, no?
Just add more items or options to the same script, then create a sort of tier system, that makes it want to use this before this..

Example..

Player dies.

If the player is standing in a special area, make it so they can die, but lose no items. -- use no items, and prevent loss.
If they have a 'blessing of no item loss' use this. -- removes storage, prevents loss
If they have an item of no item loss in their backpack, use that next. -- remove item from backpack, prevent loss.
If they have an AOL or a ROL, use those next. If they have both a ROL and AOL equipped, randomize which one is used. -- basically, if they have an item equipped to prevent loss, use one of them.

Also, honestly, you could just not remove the item if it's found instead of removing it, and create an infinite AOL item..

Back