• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Black flickering squares in RME.

Jompi

A hoagie in disguise.
Solutions
Reaction score
Anyone know why I keep having these black squares flickering all over the screen in RME?

I have tried opening different maps with different clients.

gERoJP5.gif

Have you tested another RME? Either that or a computer problem.
I did download the original from the official site and I noticed it started flickering like this so I uninstalled it and re-installed and now it works. Really strange.

If you mean from RME website, that is not updated since ages ago. Most updated one here Releases · hjnilsson/rme · GitHub

Okay that's where I got it from. I just googled it after your previous comment. It works well now so thanks for the response!

If you mean from RME website, that is not updated since ages ago. Most updated one here Releases · hjnilsson/rme · GitHub

On different note:
On the newer RME versions I cannot edit the text on signs, why's that? I click 'properties' but it doesn't allow me to change the text?

Last edited by a moderator:
That black square thing been happening for a while. Most likely since 3.0/3.1/3.2

Not a major bug, just annoying.

About the writtables, are you sure the sign is writeable?

On different note:
On the newer RME versions I cannot edit the text on signs, why's that? I click 'properties' but it doesn't allow me to change the text?
That black square thing been happening for a while. Most likely since 3.0/3.1/3.2

Go to items.xml inside RME data folder for the version you are using and edit each item you want to write text to include this
Code:
<attribute key="writeable" value="1" />
<attribute key="maxTextLen" value="249" />

Yeah, none of the signs that used to work are writable right now.

Go to items.xml inside RME data folder for the version you are using and edit each item you want to write text to include this
Code:
<attribute key="writeable" value="1" />
<attribute key="maxTextLen" value="249" />

I cannot find any of the signs in items.xml.
1429-1432 or 1437/1438.

Can I just ad them manually to the itemx.xml?

Yeah, none of the signs that used to work are writable right now.

I cannot find any of the signs in items.xml.
1429-1432 or 1437/1438.

Can I just ad them manually to the itemx.xml?

Yes. Also use the same items.xml as the server.

Back