• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

!bless for 8.62 and 8.7

SmokeWeed

Reaction score
The !bless talkaction, as well as the bless npc provided in the 2.9, 2.10 and 2.7 forgotten servers distros.... Ive tried just about every !bless script on this forums before posting this topic... I also read through a few other topics as well....

When i use the npc it says i have all of the blessings but when i die i still drop a full backpack. The same exact thing happens with the !bless talkaction. It makes the animation magic effect like ti worked and it says "You have been blessed" but when you die, you still drop full backpack....

I'm at a loss i have 2 other ppl looking for a solution at the moment for about an hr now... Cant seem to figure it out...

I'm sure i have something wrong or something because theres no way all of the !bless scripts are broken...

If anyone can help me out it would be highly appreciated.. Thanks!

-SmokeWeed

Code:
function onSay(cid, words, param, channel)
	local cost = ((getPlayerLevel(cid) - 30) * 500) + 2000
	if cost > 50000 then
		cost = 50000
	end

local bless = {1, 2, 3, 4, 5}
	for i = 1, table.maxn(bless) do
		if getPlayerBlessing(cid, bless[i]) then
			doPlayerSendCancel(cid, "You are already blessed.")
			doSendMagicEffect(getThingPos(cid), CONST_ME_POFF)
			return true
		end
	end

if getPlayerMoney(cid) >= cost then
		for i = 1, table.maxn(bless) do
			doPlayerAddBlessing(cid, bless[i])
		end

doCreatureSay(cid, "You are blessed!", TALKTYPE_MONSTER)
		doSendMagicEffect(getThingPos(cid), CONST_ME_HOLYAREA)
		doPlayerRemoveMoney(cid, cost)
	else
		doPlayerSendCancel(cid, "You don't have enough money, you need " .. cost .. " gp.")
		doSendMagicEffect(getThingPos(cid), CONST_ME_POFF)
	end

return true
end

Works perfectly for me on 8.7 - If you still have problems with players losing items, you probably have a problem with your database or TFS version.

Red

Hi!
It should be helpfull if u can watch the tfs console during "!bless" using. Any errors? I'm not into OTS's for a long time but I think that this is caused by the database.

I also think it is database... Ive tried 8.62 forgotten2.7.... 8.7 forgotten 2.9 and 8.7 forgotten 2.10 and i used multiple !bless lua scripts in all of them.... But i will try this one u posted and see if it works but i doubt it... Thanks for the replies guys i really appreciate it. this is stressin me out.

Yeh i give up i guess... Guess im not meant to make an OT... Cuz Everything is jsut failing with this TFS 2.9 and 2.8 distros... Missing tons of monsters, windows dont work,... No type of !bless system will work (EX. NPC, TalkAction).... I even looked at other forums and nobody could help anywhere..

This is my last attempt... I was excited to make an OT but its hard to find people who who know what they r doing with scripting and SQL.... So w.e i fail i guess. :(

Back