• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Blessing Help

wishy85

GOD Smokey
Reaction score
Ok ive got blessing in NPC and !bless command the one thing im stuck on is how do i make it so when u got all five blessing and u die u dont lose any levels ive tried everything and when u die u always lose atleast a few lvls i want it so when u die u dont lose no levels no skills no magic no nothing can anyone help me please id prefer to have it in /commands as !bless please thank you
This is my talkaction bless.lua

Code:
function onSay(cid, words, param)
if getPlayerBlessing(cid, 1) or getPlayerBlessing(cid, 2) or getPlayerBlessing(cid, 3) or getPlayerBlessing(cid, 4) or getPlayerBlessing(cid, 5) then
doPlayerSendCancel(cid,'You have already got one or more blessings!')
else
if doPlayerRemoveMoney(cid, 50000) == TRUE then
doPlayerAddBlessing(cid, 1)
doPlayerAddBlessing(cid, 2)
doPlayerAddBlessing(cid, 3)
doPlayerAddBlessing(cid, 4)
doPlayerAddBlessing(cid, 5)
doSendMagicEffect(getPlayerPosition(cid), 28)
doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid,MESSAGE_EVENT_ADVANCE, 'You have been blessed by the Aussie Gods!')
else
doPlayerSendCancel(cid, "You need 50000 gold coins to get blessed!")
end
end
return TRUE
end

and this is n my config.lua

blessingOnlyPremium = true
blessingReductionBase = 30
blessingReductionDecreament = 5
eachBlessReduction = 8

and ill say it again i want it so when u die u dont lose no skills or levels thank you :)

deathLostPercent = 10

ive tried all different ways to try make it so u lose no levels but instead im loosing a few lvls with the five blessings

Code:
    -- Blessings
    -- NOTE: blessingReduction* regards items/containers loss.
    -- eachBlessReduction is how much each bless reduces the experience/magic/skills loss.
    blessingReductionBase = 30
    eachBlessReduction = 8
This is in my config.. Try changeing "eachBlessReduction = 8" to like 20 and change "blessingReductionBase = 30" to 100.. Try it xD Might work XD also your bless script looks like a disaster..

Code:
function onSay(cid, words, param)

if getPlayerBlessing(cid,5) then
        doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, "You have already been blessed")
        else
        if doPlayerRemoveMoney(cid, 50000) == TRUE then
        for i = 1,5 do
            doPlayerAddBlessing(cid,i)
            end
            doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, "You have received blessings!")
            doSendMagicEffect(getPlayerPosition(cid), CONST_ME_MAGIC_BLUE)
    else
            doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_ORANGE, "You need 50k in your backpack for blessings.")
            end
        end
    return TRUE
end

hmm... Guess I have to get my server up and try myself until I find out myself :p Will post here in 15 minutes if I find out something.

I just did it... And it worked flawlessly.. What server are you using? I am using TFS 0.3.6 http://otland.net/threads/8-60-the-forgotten-server-0-3-6-crying-damson-v8.147913

This works.
Code:
    -- Blessings
    -- eachBlessReduction is how much each bless reduces the experience/magic/skills loss.
    blessingReductionBase = 100
    eachBlessReduction = 20

-- Blessings
blessingReductionBase = 100
eachBlessReduction = 20

just tried it and i went back to lvl 1

hmm then I guess I can't help.. I can't even find that server.. You probably should be using TFS if you want support for it. Because everyone else also uses tfs.

I can't think of anything really. Make sure you don't have any settings so that all players start with bless, or that there's another script with bless. best way to find the problem is making new character with nothing and kill it, see how many % he lose, give hi mall bless, see how many % he lose, change the reduction value untill you hit 0 exploss on death.

Back