• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[BLESSINGS] Help!

Extrom

Reaction score
Whenever I die with blessings, I lose exp, skills etc, basically everything except my backpack so something's gotta be wrong here.

--My config.lua
Lua:
-- Blessings
blessings = true
blessingOnlyPremium = true
blessingReductionBase = 30
blessingReductionDecrement = 5
eachBlessReduction = 10

deathLostPercent = 10

--My blessing script

Lua:
-- !blessing by artofwork
local bless = {1, 2, 3, 4, 5}
local cost = 50000
local maxlevel = 50000

function onSay(cid, words, param)
local lvl = getPlayerLevel(cid)
local new_cost = (lvl * cost) / 500
local target = getPlayerGUID(cid)

for i = 1, table.maxn(bless) do
                if(getPlayerBlessing(cid, bless[i])) then
                        doPlayerSendCancel(cid, "You have already have been blessed.")
                        return TRUE
                end
        end

if (getPlayerLevel(cid) >= maxlevel)  then
                if(doPlayerRemoveMoney(cid, new_cost) == TRUE) then
                        doPlayerAddBlessing(cid, bless[i])
                        doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid,22,"You have been successfully blessed.!")
                end
                else
                doPlayerPopupFYI(cid, "You need "..new_cost.." to buy blessings.")
                end

elseif(getPlayerLevel(cid) < maxlevel) then
                if(doPlayerRemoveMoney(cid, cost) == TRUE) then
                        doPlayerAddBlessing(cid, bless[i])
                        end
                        doPlayerPopupFYI(cid, "You have successfully been blessed.")
                else
                        doPlayerPopupFYI(cid, "You need to have "..cost.."gp to buy blessings.")
                end
        end
        return FALSE
end

I do not believe the fault lies in the talkaction script, I've tried a few others and the problem remains.

All help is appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Post it using Lua tags and maybe we could actually read it to help you.

Also, this problem has happened before to multiple people, use the search function via. the search bar located at the top right of any OTland page.

I wouldn't be here unless I've used the search function to look up everything related to blessings, YES there are people with SIMILAR problem but I havent found someone with THIS problem.

And the quote tag is perfectly fine and easily read.

Unless you have anything helpful to contribute, I suggest you find another topic to bark in.

When you say you lose EXP and skills with blessings, do you mean ALL of it or just abit? Don't forget you still lose some exp and skills with blessings it's just the ammount you lose is reduced.

In my vocation.xml, the "Lessloss=" was set to 0 making the promoted character lose more exp than it normally would.

Back