• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Block Utorrent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saj

Remember my name
Reaction score
Hello, I my roommate keeps downloading from the Internet and I want to block that. How can I block so he can't download anymore? I use router, I've tried to block 6881 to 6889 ports but U torrent change port automatic all the time..

Is there anyway else to block without shutting down the wireless router?

Maybe this will help you:

Step 1: Click the Start button and select Run. Now type the following text in that Run box:

notepad c:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Step 2: You will see a new notepad window on your screen containing some cryptic information. Don’t panic. Just goto the last line of the file, hit the enter key and type the following:

127.0.0.1 orkut.com
127.0.0.1 facebook.com
127.0.0.1 myspace.com

Save the file and exit. That’s it. None of the above sites will now open on your computer.

You can block as many websites as you like with the above technique. If you want to remove the ban later, open the same file as mentioned in Step 1 and delete the above lines.

and this might work if he using proxy etc..:
http://labnol.blogspot.com/2005/12/how-to-access-blocked-websites.html

What If I want to block an program? like utorrent?
blocking sites isnt the problem man

If you have access to his computer just use windows firewall?
A BitTorrent client normally associates the TCP port number 6881.
However, if this port is busy for some reason, the client will instead try successively higher ports (6882, 6883, and so on up to a limit of 6999).
In order for outside BitTorrent clients to reach this one, they must be able to connect to the correct port.

Why dont you just make him a seperate account on the pc then change your password and only make him limited account that way he can't install uTorrent

What OS do you have?

If Windows 7(Swedish):
Kontrollpanel --> Windows Brandvägg --> Avancerade Inställningar --> Regler för Inkommande Trafik --> µTorrent(TCP-In) and µTorrent(UDP-In) --> Egenskaper

Then choose "Blockera anslutningen". This should block all incoming traffics from uTorrent(uTorrent.exe), no mater what port it's using.

Last edited:
Why the fuck do you want to act like a dick to your friend? Are you afraid that the cops will bust into your home and shoot you & your computer, because your friend is downloading illegaly?
Because it won't happen. And if they would come, he would be the one to get caught...

Hello, I my roommate keeps downloading from the Internet and I want to block that. How can I block so he can't download anymore? I use router, I've tried to block 6881 to 6889 ports but U torrent change port automatic all the time..

Is there anyway else to block without shutting down the wireless router?

If he is from sweden, send him a faked warning letter from ipred ;)

Why the fuck do you want to act like a dick to your friend? Are you afraid that the cops will bust into your home and shoot you & your computer, because your friend is downloading illegaly?
Because it won't happen. And if they would come, he would be the one to get caught...

I guess you haven't suffered yet with someone using your internet connection with uTorrent...

It's a kick in the butt. :peace:

I want to play counter-strike but that mother fucker keeps downloading, that's why, and you should shutup and keep posting you cou...

@mazen, Nemaneth, Peroxide
We're not on the same computer and I can't log into his computer, it's locked and there is no way I can brake his password.

@mazen, Nemaneth, Peroxide
We're not on the same computer and I can't log into his computer, it's locked and there is no way I can brake his password.

If its windows computer, just boot it up in safe mode, the Administrator account should be enabled then to login w/o password.
You can remove his password or create another user with admin privilages.

I guess you haven't suffered yet with someone using your internet connection with uTorrent...

It's a kick in the butt. :peace:

My brother use it all the time. But maybe I don't notice it because of my 100/10 connection :$

Simply set up a QoS (Quality of Service), where your computer gets 99% of the connection speed, and he gets only 1%.

~50KB/s speed should be adequate for him to surf and play games without lag/delays, and if he uses uTorrent, it won't lag you.

If you want to block him from using uTorrent, period, you need to make sure ALL ports to his LAN IP are closed, aka. not forwarded.
Then you need to turn off UPnP feature, that way uTorrent cannot request ports to be opened.

This should effectively block utorrent from properly functioning, and eventually make him stop using it due to slow speeds and few successful downloads.

Simply set up a QoS (Quality of Service), where your computer gets 99% of the connection speed, and he gets only 1%.

~50KB/s speed should be adequate for him to surf and play games without lag/delays, and if he uses uTorrent, it won't lag you.

If you want to block him from using uTorrent, period, you need to make sure ALL ports to his LAN IP are closed, aka. not forwarded.
Then you need to turn off UPnP feature, that way uTorrent cannot request ports to be opened.

This should effectively block utorrent from properly functioning, and eventually make him stop using it due to slow speeds and few successful downloads.

Sounds like something I can use, ill see.

If hes torrenting things hes probably not an idiot...Utorrent checks for forwarded ports, and even forwards them for you if they are closed. You can either talk to him, are you both paying for the internet? If you are paying for the internet and he isnt then buy a router and block his mac address if he doesn't stop.

If hes torrenting things hes probably not an idiot...Utorrent checks for forwarded ports, and even forwards them for you if they are closed. You can either talk to him, are you both paying for the internet? If you are paying for the internet and he isnt then buy a router and block his mac address if he doesn't stop.

That's probably what im going to to..

Utorrent checks for forwarded ports, and even forwards them for you if they are closed.

Actually that's the UPnP functionality you're talking about...

Universal Plug and Play - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Newer router models often have the UPnP (Universal Plug 'n Play) or NAT-PMP built in. This allows for automatic forwarding of ports, making the rest of the instructions on this page unnecessary. Check your router's documentation for instructions on how to enable it, and then enable UPnP in µTorrent:
^ Taken from the uTorrent documentation.

Problem solved, please close this thread.

Thanks for all replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back