• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Blue light Glasses. Do they really work?

CesarZ

Solutions
Reaction score
has anyone got them?
I have been looking at them. I spend a lot of time on my laptop. Let me know your experience.

use flux or win10 build in anti blue light that does the job
The exact parallel would be using software DDoS Protection on your server instead of hardware based. Hence your suggestion being almost useless, blue light levels remain significant because literally the back-light is blue, you can't change that.

@CesarZ Didn't do anything for me other than annoy me, have a couple friends who swear they work though. It's one of those things where you just need to try them due to variables and how subjective it is. Sometimes just being aware is enough, and if some stupid glasses help you be aware you spend too much time looking at your laptop then that's fine.

Science however says they are mostly useless and in fact it's becoming more clear every day that the blue light 'thing' isn't even true to begin with. Most, if not all of the 'symptoms' of blue light are instead symptoms of gadget/device overuse.

I spent a year with a 'blue light filter' and brightness adjustor on my phone and computer and there was no difference to my average sleep or sleep schedule compared to previous years and my eyes were just as sore as ever due to staring at a fucking screen for hours a day.

Don't waste money bro :D

However I tend to yawn more with the yellowish screen :) it makes me feel like sun going down thus creating more of psychological effect but could still keep me awake and i tend to still go sleep at around 12 and hey look at what time it is. cant wait to wake up naturally at 8 am and have more of the beautiful morning than this cold dark night with the moon like i used to.
dont sleep till 2-4 am sleep till 2pm
go sleep 12 am wake up at 8 fresh ??
hmm i stick to my clock not this fake owl shi they feed u programmers

I have 2 pairs of Gunnar glasses. 1 pair and home and 1 at work.

I work in IT, so I spend a lot of time looking at my screens in the light and dark.

I HATE not being able to put these on when I use a computer now. It might not seem like much, but that faint tint to block out a little light is so nice.

I don't really like to use Flux or just the brightness settings on a screen. A lot of light also comes in from office lighting and shit too. When I'm using them in the dark, the screens seem extra bright and it's like a mild pair of sun glasses.

Makes looking at a screen more comfortable in any setting, and I don't plan on not wearing them any time soon...

I work in IT, so I spend a lot of time looking at my screens in the light and dark.

I HATE not being able to put these on when I use a computer now. It might not seem like much, but that faint tint to block out a little light is so nice.

I don't really like to use Flux or just the brightness settings on a screen. A lot of light also comes in from office lighting and shit too. When I'm using them in the dark, the screens seem extra bright and it's like a mild pair of sun glasses.

Makes looking at a screen more comfortable in any setting, and I don't plan on not wearing them any time soon...
do they help out with fatigue eyes? you know when you stare at the screen for that long that letters start looking a little blurry?
I get headache, but the headache is probably trying to get the code to work.
I mainly deal with blurry after like an hour and half or two. Ima try them just to see if they at least extend my eyes durability.

do they help out with fatigue eyes? you know when you stare at the screen for that long that letters start looking a little blurry?
I get headache, but the headache is probably trying to get the code to work.
I mainly deal with blurry after like an hour and half or two. Ima try them just to see if they at least extend my eyes durability.
I feel like it goes... I'd get tired eyes all the time. Tried using eye drops and spray, but feels nice just wearing the glasses

I feel like the glasses help with the blur, provided the blurrinessis from your eyes being strained and tried... If you need focal lenses, these won'g help with headaches and blurriness.

I don't require any kind of corrective focal lenses and so these glasses feel good to me. As a non-glasses wearer, they did get a little used to initially, but never caused me any headaches or strain.

I spend at least 16 hours a day on the computer and with glasses I avoid visual fatigue. I really notice the difference.

Using Gunnar glasses too, I recommend for sure
do they help out with fatigue eyes?
Yes they do. I don't use them all the time I spend on PC, but sometimes I have to overwork or deal with render lightining, and I can notice the difference

Using Gunnar glasses too, I recommend for sure

Yes they do. I don't use them all the time I spend on PC, but sometimes I have to overwork or deal with render lightining, and I can notice the difference
offer, how much

gunnar glasses are really good lost mine in a move but will buy them some day again, also used to have them when i gamed

Back