• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Bobek's mapping - comments DESPERATELY needed!

bobek16

Reaction score
Hi, I need to know if my mapwork is good. Any thoughts about improving? The map is not still finished so waiting for the answers.

Let's start from a minimap!

minimaps.png

How to improve map shape? Any ideas?

PS. Please NO flaming, but improval proposals! I am not newbie mapper, but also not pro tho.

EDIT: Sorry about the square in the center... made print screen in RME :p

Last edited:
Okay, let's start with some screens!

Corrupted Zoo!

Main city temple

Last edited:
Well, i think that the "Corrupted zoo" is not giving the feeling that it's corrupted. As the most of the monsters are mutateds, they should destroy the place... So I think you must add some details like cracks... rubish, something to make it nice :|

Definitely agree with Delvire, make it look like they rampaged through it. I know you're limited because of tibia's lack of awesome sprites but if you added broken chairs/trash and maybe some blood spots or a corpse somewhere from a dead zoo keeper or something make it exciting. Could be a neat little quest.

Definitely agree with Delvire, make it look like they rampaged through it. I know you're limited because of tibia's lack of awesome sprites but if you added broken chairs/trash and maybe some blood spots or a corpse somewhere from a dead zoo keeper or something make it exciting. Could be a neat little quest.

Access to zoo (although NPC won't tell it's corrupted) will cost a few gold coins. Nice idea with the quest, already got a composition: You retrieve something from dead zoo keeper inside, and you get free access to zoo and an item! :)

EDIT (zoo improval):

Orcs built a tiny fortress... was it a good spot? I doubt it. They're just running out of supplies because of those giant spiders.

PS. Is it better to make a showoff in-game or in a map editor?

Last edited:
Main city's depot (it was totally crap before, now it looks better). However, maybe improve something?

roofy.png

depot2.png

depot1t.png

depot0.png

Pic 2 looks totally crappy. How to fill it so it won't look like that? Is there any material or sth?

Back