• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Bomberman Event TFS 1.x

Printer

if Printer then print("LUA") end
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Well i thougt about make Bomberman for tfs 1.x, instead of convert the old one. Since the new one i going to create will be highly optimized. Any suggestions, please post here:

bfzOoSjFa.gif

Asfar i've done is:
Bomb explode!
Bomb destroy barrels and spawn random item!
Bomb hit players!

I wrote that for old 1.0, it's in mystera datapack. You may find some of those functions inspiring.

suggestions:
arena available for 8 or more players (at least 2 required to begin)
configurable spawn spots
battle statistics (when the game ends)
maps of multiple sizes and styles
multifloor

One thing I would suggest is making a random generated bomber-map. You have an fixed 50x50 area, and generate an unique 50x50 bomber-map each new run.
Another suggestions that would be cool to see:
  1. Make the participants spawn inside the map, in a random position. Not outside.
  2. Make interactions between participants, so that I can kill someone with a bomb, even if accidentally.
  3. Disable all kinds of attacks, or disable the receiving of damage during the event so the only way to kill everyone would be to outsmart them and kill them with bombs
  4. And as a last suggestion, put some kind of hidden reward that need certain conditions to trigger. Like clearing the whole floor, in the last barrel you'll find 100k, or something like that.

Those are my suggestions. This kinds of events is really fun to play once in a while.

Should i do lever or should it be a room to join?

lever
joining in a middle of the battle isn't fair in my opinion

maybe u should add some extra script that allows ppl to make it occur automatically every x hour and ppl can join it by saying !bomberman. so its more like an actual event in the server than just some fun thing ppl can do when they're bored

looks shorter than mine, will it count kills?
Nope, but nothing hard to add :3

Well i have not seen yours, but i suspect yours got more features :p

My bomberman TFS 1.0:

It is 95% ready.
Lack saw very few details.
Nice :p

Well the main focus of the event i made, is to have the best performance. Which i think i achived :p

i think it would be sexier if the countdown wasn't with the orange text but instead
using TEXTCOLOR_LIGHTBLUE or something
but i'm not sure if it's possible to use this in tfs 1.0x without sending some message in the console also, any1 knows if this is possible? if not it should be
(I know I asked this question on one my threads before without any proper answer https://otland.net/threads/see-the-mana-from-mana-potions-in-purple-text.228013/)

it's possible to use colors for numbers (as damage animation), but it's linked to server log message in newest clients so you need to send a message to server log also

example from my mw timer:
Code:
people[i]:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_EXPERIENCE, "Magic wall will disappear in " .. delay .. " second" .. (delay > 1 and "s" or "") .. ".", pos, delay, color)

so it's like this:
Code:
player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_EXPERIENCE, server_log_message, pos, number_displayed_in_color, color)

yeah thats what i meant, thanks
i suppose even with source edits it wont be possible?

Back