• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Boss that whipes out the entire army (character delete)

Joriku

Working in the mines, need something?
Solutions
Reaction score
YouTube
Joriku
Soo, this is pretty funny and would be a fun boss to make.
Is it possible to make an powerful boss which deletes the character from the account if he/she dies from it?

Last edited:
It might be fun for you but not necessarily for the player. Depending on how difficult it is to get to the point to fighting the enemy, players might just get frustrated and leave after death

but yes it is possible :)

It is possible by sourcea, not sure about lua (will need to check that out), but i would rather ban player than delete his character

Soo, this is pretty funny and would be a fun boss to make.
Is it possible to make an powerful boss which deletes the character from the account if he/she dies from it?

Such a great idea :D

17032231.jpg

How about a boss which turning off server (for 1 hour) when will be killed? Or quest items that will disappear from inventory 5 minutes after completing a quest? Or boss that giving you questions and if you answer correctly (you have 10 seconds for that) will open door to a chest with reward. But if you answer wrong well.. there will be message on screen for everyone on server with login and password to your account. Damn I want server full of baits.

How about a boss which turning off server (for 1 hour) when will be killed? Or quest items that will disappear from inventory 5 minutes after completing a quest? Or boss that giving you questions and if you answer correctly (you have 10 seconds for that) will open door to a chest with reward. But if you answer wrong well.. there will be message on screen for everyone on server with login and password to your account. Damn I want server full of baits.
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

If a player dies to that boss you send a letter to the family and say that their son will die in 3 Days.

The main couse of this boss is that it will be a funny boss for me, the server owner. it will only spawn once and the reward will be sick. "Boss bounty hunter". This boss will be hard and will come with a price of death in order to get the reward which prob will be 100€ for the killer.

Imagine playing the server for a few weeks and then a random boss comes up and deletes your character because the server admin is a retard

Imagine playing the server for a few weeks and then a random boss comes up and deletes your character because the server admin is a retard
"is a rethard" it will not pop up random on screen. the boss will spawn in a location where you have to manually go to in order to even fight it, lol

Hmm...
  1. Logout player
  2. Run sql querry (I'm not sure if I remember correctly table name)
Code:
delete from players where id = player_id;

3. Profit!

Many people saying OP is retarded but with slight modifications this can be a great system.

1- Instead of deleting the character, mark him as "Killed" in DB and change login systems in source to doesn't allow to login in killed characters.
2- Make a option when you create your character if you want to play in regular difficult or "Hell" one
3- In "Hell" Mode, if you die once you'll lose your character. You can't trade to others but all monsters only drops items related to your class, and the exp/loot can be improved.

Also, make some requirements/rewards for playing in this mode. (something like this: you must have at least a character 200+ in regular difficult and if you reach 200+ in hell mode without being deleted you can get a full set in regular mode)

If you insert this in only one monster, it sucks. But if you make an entire world using this, It's awesome.

Deleting is a little bit too much, dont you think?
I'm would not ever play something again if they delete my character only because I died (also if I already know that information I would not ever fight lmao).
Also @Night Wolf has a great idea, instead of deleting them you can add a new kind of check and treat them as "dead players".
I also remember an old otserver that had the wow deaths. You die and then you are a ghost and you need to loot your own body. That was cool af.

Back