• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling bug downloading libs to compile otclient by mehah

Swiftxd

Reaction score
hello,
when im downloading libs at vcpkg i get this error, someone can help?
the code:
.\vcpkg install boost-iostreams:x64-windows boost-asio:x64-windows boost-system:x64-windows boost-variant:x64-windows boost-lockfree:x64-windows luajit:x64-windows glew:x64-windows boost-filesystem:x64-windows boost-uuid:x64-windows physfs:x64-windows openal-soft:x64-windows libogg:x64-windows libvorbis:x64-windows zlib:x64-windows opengl:x64-windows

print attached.
thx
Post automatically merged:

@solved changing vcpkg package folder, put it in c:\user\...

Attachments

• Nova Imagem de Bitmap (2).png
    Nova Imagem de Bitmap (2).png
    86 KB · Views: 14 · VirusTotal
Last edited:
@solved changing vcpkg package folder, put it in c:\user\...
Did you compile it first time today or earlier it worked and today stopped to work, so you created new folder?

vcpkg is versioned by folder. If you want to get newest version, easiest solution is to remove vcpkg folder, download it again from github and install all again.
By putting it in new directory, you did not only fix some possible issue with access to 'program files', you also updated libraries to newest version.

When I try to execute git clone https://github.com/Microsoft/vcpkg, it throws error that I have no access:
Code:
JS@DESKTOP-6SO0PE6 MINGW64 /c/Program Files
$ git clone https://github.com/Microsoft/vcpkg
fatal: could not create work tree dir 'vcpkg': Permission denied
Looks like Program Files is some Windows protected directory, all subdirectories too.

Looks like solution to problem is to put vcpkg anywhere, but not in Program Files.

Did you compile it first time today or earlier it worked and today stopped to work, so you created new folder?

vcpkg is versioned by folder. If you want to get newest version, easiest solution is to remove vcpkg folder, download it again from github and install all again.
By putting it in new directory, you did not only fix some possible issue with access to 'program files', you also updated libraries to newest version.

Where did you get that idea from? You just pull (as in git pull/checkout to whatever version you wish) and bootstrap again. No need to delete anything. 🤔

thanks for your reply,
its something like that, first my vcpkg was on the program files, i tried to remove and reinstall like you said but not worked, i got an error downloading the libs (in the pic).
i removed the vcpkg from the program files and downloaded it in c:\user\myuser, and reinstalled the libs, and worked.
as you said its something about protected folders.
what you said about permission i think its just execute the powershell as admin it may solve.

Back