• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Bug no one halve solved so far Really strange!!

Grozzmo

Reaction score
I can't host my 0.4 SVN TFS Rev 3884, using Uniserver with Modern AAC as homepage, everything is set works fine etc.

But, my server crashes when people login after like 20 - 40 min and I get the error:

(Error - void ServicePort:eek:pen(IPAddressList, uint16_t))NETWORK: The requested address is not valid in its context
(Error - void ServiceManager::run()) NETWORK: The supplied reference is invalid.

In my admin file at logs.

Ive tryed everything been searching for hours writing on different forums but no one has answered I don't know why, Ive posted here aswell but in Premium Section, I suppose more peole is checking here.

Ive had Bogart check into it he's really good and he didnt rly know either what the problem is, as I stated Ive tryed everything I could of think of. Searched in google where like 2 people had the same problem but they didnt get any solution either.

Here's the thing: I can be online at the ot myself without any crashes, but as fast as someone logon It crashes after some mins, I don't get any error in the console just at the admin log, Ive tryed different .exes from the forum here none have worked.

Just to note: I hosted the same ot like 4 days ago but my 8.54 version and I had it online for 20 hours + with players without any crashes or problem, so I wonder what is going on? This is just so strange Ive NEVER had this problem before seems like Im like the only one facing this problem.

Anyone please try help me out I would be so happy.

Please guys? =(

Last edited:
I just got windows XP, my computer is not the best. But It always worked to host on it without any problems. As I wrote when I host my 8.54 server I dont got any problems =/

If you really want to have a big and good ot you must start using Linux now, i told you this for personal experience :)

Can you just change to linux like that? Or you mean buying a new computer with Linux? If so I don't really have the money for that. Do you know what my problem might be? Thanks for the advice.

What is so good with it? Wouldn't it just bug up my computer, my computer is weak just 1 gb ram :S

Nah it wouldn't bug it up, I wouldn't recommended a dual boot with windows, but if you completely wiped off windows and put Ubuntu desktop version on, you would be alright.

Ok guys, but does anyone know how to fix this bug? Cause I cant host my 8.6 ot right now =( crashes when players login after like 10-30 min

I will help you.
from what I see is that you have only 1GB of ram, what happens is that when you open a TFS server with a map or very heavy, exceeding the 25,000 kb, I think it causes your pc to collapse and close your ot server, when they players is even worse is that each player a certain amount of bits that make weight to your pc.

These idiots say, download linux is better, as if most people had the resources to be able to pay for a service like that, that bothers me!.

I hate that the solution is always to pay, so I have not ever donated otland.

Knight God, thanks, are you sure of this? is there any way to fix this?

I mean I can host the 8.54 TFS easily 20 hours + with 50 + players without any crashes why would it be such a huge different just by hosting 8.6 version?

EDIT: My map is just 3527 kb big, It's nothing :/ It's a really small map

You mean the 8.54 server?
The Forgotten Server, version 0.3.6 (Crying Damson)
Compiled with GNU C++ version 3.4.5 (mingw special) at Dec 24 2009, 10:39:30.

And the 8.6 is 0.4 TFS Rev 3884

try to test this code into the houses.
say "Aleta sio"
and guests in the box
enter this:
- "Debug 163"?? (Copy all the code above to work.)

If that causes instant shutdown your server, you need to try to get another TFS.

Nothing happen, I doubt this has anything to do with the houses. This bug seems way more complicated since It's only like 2-3 people who had this bug posting on internet with no succés. Thanks for your help tought I appreciate it.

Back