• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Building my own PC

Keru

Entrepreneur
Solutions
Reaction score
Hio guys, as the tittle says, I'm building a new pc and i want to know what you guys think, and also i need some recommendations for graphic cards.

NZXT Crafted Series ATX Full Tower Steel Chassis - Phantom White

Corsair XMS3 4 GB 1333MHz PC3-10666 240-pin DDR3

OCZ StealthXstream II 700W ATX12V v2.2/ EPS12V Power Supply

ASUS Sabertooth AMD 990FX SLI/CrossFireX Socket AM3+ ATX Motherboard

AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core

All this for 500+- USD

why not? im not going to pay 500 USD just to get an i7 lol, and also don't know i feel better with the AMD series

And why get I7 when I5 is available.

You can get I5 2500k for 220$ and OC it for 4.0GHZ or more.

And I7 Isn't 500$.

-.^ so i can still OC the FX-8120 @ the same or more lol, currently the World Record Guines for or at or whatever is called its with this processor, and also cuz 220 for the i5 and I got my fx for 160 seems like a better price for me :/.
this is like the PS3 and Xbox discussion, and I don't want to go in to it.
I just want thoughts about it, if you don't like it just don't post stuff like:
AMD?

oh well....

Last edited:
I am an AMD guy myself, Intel CPU's are so expensive, you get AMD with same specs a lot cheaper altough they consume more power.

And why get I7 when I5 is available.

You can get I5 2500k for 220$ and OC it for 4.0GHZ or more.

And I7 Isn't 500$.

Why would he get 2500K when 3750K is out?

I am an AMD guy myself, Intel CPU's are so expensive, you get AMD with same specs a lot cheaper altough they consume more power.

Intel CPU's outperform AMD on almost all fronts...

Intel CPU's outperform AMD on almost all fronts...

That can't be 100% true, i am no expert to argue but if that would be so then why would AMD bother doing CPUs. Intel should be just a monopol for CPUs then.

That can't be 100% true, i am no expert to argue but if that would be so then why would AMD bother doing CPUs. Intel should be just a monopol for CPUs then.

Because most people believe that the more cores you have the better your computer will be which is why AMD is still making money, yet I think Intel has a higher profit.

My whole life has been a lie :( i will rip out my amd from my PC when i get home.

Don't argue with someone that doesn't know what the fuck they are talking about. Let them be retards.

-- Edit --

Enjoy your inferior Power Consumption (300W? LOL Enjoy your toaster), Price to Performance and Performance per Watt Dildozer OP
NEEDS MOAR COARS!

Last edited:
What budget for graphic cards?

baby.jpg

This is my baby, never had any problems with it. Can run all games on full graphic and stream it in HD without lag.
And was originally a budget computer from 2009. Running one graphic card - Radeon HD5850.
(Added an SSD to it in 2011).

I'm soon going to update motherboard and RAM. :) (motherboard to SATA3, RAM from 800Mhz to 1600 or 1866 or 2133Mhz depending on market).

Last edited:
@Znote
Finally someone who is not blinded by sh*t, my budget is 120 USD.

@Znote
Finally someone who is not blinded by sh*t, my budget is 120 USD.

$120 for a computer?
Imho you should save up a bit if you want to get a how should I put it. "Future safe" computer.

seems like we have a dumb ass here. if you read the question Znote did, you would know, but your just a dumbass

For 120$ you can get GTX 550 if you just add abit of cash, however if you're still an enemy to nature and wishes to go for ATI then goodluck :)

Back