• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Building my own PC.

Zatjin

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
Haiii.

I am building my own computer.
I got some questions regarding a PSU.
The build is for CS:GO and some coding basically, might also play some Diablo III.
I don't know whether I should go for 500W, if that is enough for my build.
Some threads on different forums say that it's enough with 500W depending on what brand it is.

I already got a case, midi-tower.
This is what I already have
  • Intel® Core™ i5-4690K
  • GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-GAMING 3
  • Crucial Ballistix Sport 8 GB 1600 MHz
  • MSI GeForce GTX960 Gaming 2GB

You should be able to google how much does use.
But a good ide is to actually get more then you actually need, that way you don't have to upgrade everything if you want something new.

You should be able to google how much does use.
But a good ide is to actually get more then you actually need, that way you don't have to upgrade everything if you want something new.
I've already tried googling, that's why I decided to ask you, since google showed me other builds and not mine.
It was one build which was similar to mine but, I want to be certain.

Well, I won't be playing anything else than CS:GO/Diablo 3, idk if I'm even going to play Diablo.
I only play CS:GO, I occasionally play Tibia as well.
I am wondering if a 500W PSU is cost efficient atm.

I've already tried googling, that's why I decided to ask you, since google showed me other builds and not mine.

Well, I won't be playing anything else than CS:GO/Diablo 3, idk if I'm even going to play Diablo.

The main thing you are looking at is the GPU, how much does it use?
I would go for a 600-700w PSU, think about things like that all the time, how much would you like to "waste" if you need to upgrade soon?

In my case I run a 650W PSU from Fractal Design, since I value silence and don't want to upgrade that aswell if I need to upgrade something else.

With that I have a GeForce GTX 570, intel i5, 16gb ram, SSD, SATA drive etc

It's enough. You should get the 4GB GTX 960, though.
Well, since I am only going to most likely play CS:GO and (tibia), Diablo 3 if I even bother installing it.
I'd consider getting the 4GB if it has any impact on CS:GO.

The main thing you are looking at is the GPU, how much does it use?
I would go for a 600-700w PSU, think about things like that all the time, how much would you like to "waste" if you need to upgrade soon?

In my case I run a 650W PSU from Fractal Design, since I value silence and don't want to upgrade that aswell if I need to upgrade something else.

With that I have a GeForce GTX 570, intel i5, 16gb ram, SSD, SATA drive etc
I'll take it into consideration!
Got any brands that you'd recommend?

Well, since I am only going to most likely play CS:GO and (tibia), Diablo 3 if I even bother installing it.
I'd consider getting the 4GB if it has any impact on CS:GO.

I'll take it into consideration!
Got any brands that you'd recommend?

The stuff I use is probbly pretty old, so what I would do is read alot of reviews on the things you are looking at, if you like me like the computer to be silent look into cases that either are sound proofed or that you sound proof yourself.
I use a Fractal design define R4, it is sound proofed, but I have an open case right now and can't hear anything except the cheap SATA drive I got in there :p

So try to go for either modern or things that are "older" but still good, that way you won't run into problems when upgrading.

The stuff I use is probbly pretty old, so what I would do is read alot of reviews on the things you are looking at, if you like me like the computer to be silent look into cases that either are sound proofed or that you sound proof yourself.
I use a Fractal design define R4, it is sound proofed, but I have an open case right now and can't hear anything except the cheap SATA drive I got in there :p

So try to go for either modern or things that are "older" but still good, that way you won't run into problems when upgrading.
Thanks!

I'll update this post if I find a PSU :)

Now if you intend to play Tibia I strongly recommend you to buy the best CPU and GPU you can get :D
*jk*

@Zatjin Whats your computer budget that you're willing to spend?
Honestly? As little as possible.
The build I am looking at right now costs ~ 7500NOK - 967.5$
Now if you intend to play Tibia I strongly recommend you to buy the best CPU and GPU you can get :D
*jk*
Great bantur mate xd
Are you still on skype man?

Honestly? As little as possible.
The build I am looking at right now costs ~ 7500NOK - 967.5$

Great bantur mate xd
Are you still on skype man?
Ye im on skype :p though mostly for chatting as for ingame communication im using my ts :p

Nothing says you can't take the article id and add them to your cart :p
In that case you can skip crappy windows 8, either get linux(might not be the best if you are gonna play games on it) or windows 7.
You can aswell "exchange" the build price for a decent SSD.

Edit:
Noticed now this screen in the cart: https://www.komplett.no/samsung-24-led-ls24d340h/825354
I bought 2x 21.5 inches screens, same type pretty much.
They are unstable as fuck, but if you put some double sided tape at the bottom they will get abit more stable.
But for the price the screens are perfect :p

Nothing says you can't take the article id and add them to your cart :p
In that case you can skip crappy windows 8, either get linux(might not be the best if you are gonna play games on it) or windows 7.
You can aswell "exchange" the build price for a decent SSD.

Edit:
Noticed now this screen in the cart: https://www.komplett.no/samsung-24-led-ls24d340h/825354
I bought 2x 21.5 inches screens, same type pretty much.
They are unstable as fuck, but if you put some double sided tape at the bottom they will get abit more stable.
But for the price the screens are perfect :p
I'm also buying from a different store. The items I got atm aren't in stock or isn't at Komplett.
That's why I am buying from a different store.

I'm also buying from a different store. The items I got atm aren't in stock or isn't at Komplett.
That's why I am buying from a different store.

Oh :p, but you can still take those items to another store and buy them there in that case.

Oh :p, but you can still take those items to another store and buy them there in that case.
Too much trouble. I'd rather buy everything in one store for more control, and then everything will come at the same time.

Too much trouble. I'd rather buy everything in one store for more control, and then everything will come at the same time.

That is what I said, but use the same articles - or something like them.

@Zatjin

How did the build go? If you need some help, feel free to ask. I've been helping people out on other forums.

Back