• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Building my PC

walkingdragon

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
So as some of you know I'm a computer person, currently studying CISCO etc. etc.
Well I wanted to share a computer I JUST (yes just as in JUST now built) to get some insight from other computer techs/nerds (slurp)/wizes. Well here goes: (Btw I will post all that I have on it and a link from newegg to it.)

ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Newegg.com - ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - CD / DVD Burners

Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com - Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 140mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, option Fans-2x Side 120mm Fan

Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 - Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) - Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) FPB 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Rosewill CAPSTONE Series Power Supply - Newegg.com - Rosewill CAPSTONE Series CAPSTONE-450 450W Continuous @ 50?C, 80 PLUS GOLD Certified, Single +12V Rail, ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92, SLI Ready, CrossFire Ready, Active - PFC Power Supply

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM - Newegg.com - CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9

ASRock Z77 Pro4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 - Newegg.com - ASRock Z77 Pro4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 - Newegg.com - Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I73770

Total: $816.62 (with 2 SATA cables too)

I'm more or less designing it for moderate-heavy not super heavy gaming. But I'm not sure if all this is good or not good for it's price as I'm not really always up-to-date with the latest technology. (sadly enough)

Uh, I'm wondering is that MB working good for you since i'm thinking of buying one that's identical ^^

Haven't built it yet. I'm designing before building so it can somewhat suit my needs.
- - - Updated - - -

YOLOL I wish. I wouldn't need that much if it's just a personal pc. :|

Alright could you please report back once it's built? I'd really like input on it ^^

no sense to buy this grafic card cuz you have intel hd 4000...which games do you want to play?

I'm thinking of the coming games like BO2 and ACIII and Halo 4. Ofc I'm not sure what the requirements are going to be but Somewhere along the lines of current games and upcoming games. Not to mention if a Processor has an integrated vid card it doesn't mean that I'd be able to play all games, some games require dedicated video RAM and in which case I'm not giving up any of the 8GB I'm putting on it for that. (Even though it might use some after the vid card is installed but about 1GB less)

I'm thinking of the coming games like BO2 and ACIII and Halo 4. Ofc I'm not sure what the requirements are going to be but Somewhere along the lines of current games and upcoming games. Not to mention if a Processor has an integrated vid card it doesn't mean that I'd be able to play all games, some games require dedicated video RAM and in which case I'm not giving up any of the 8GB I'm putting on it for that. (Even though it might use some after the vid card is installed but about 1GB less)

Isn't Halo Exclusive for Xbox only?

Back