• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

BulawOw From Zero to Map Makera

BulawOw

Soul of Shinobi
Solutions
Reaction score
Thats my very first project its just ratcave rookgaard, if u have any suggestion what can i do to make it look more friendly for players feel free to say that its my first project so i miss there a lot of thinks, i guess ;p

qpkcaebdnyjreryidhsggibdfobimeaqadjpzgzeowvadxluqphlpmrngudufwprdjnggdsoagrtroxklhcppimqqcjwnkehfbip

ixrfanzcfcaecppaohnteqjiknwyqbmsqqstbwamldyhmvtsegytltvreyeenmrcdsshwwwhithkvrdmjskdkkoyylweasdrvnmu

jdzmluenjrzdwhswscfqgnfregijgttbllnrtjukxdmtzdnudopkqakyqhtbzupffgdttxtemuagcgbxmgjmdnwehuxvqqxcdgqs

rsyqjkocaumyoneanrvqqlzsntjpfwojqqrdhsveryytilxhhmfbwpibauiroklbwtpcqxsamttacystksaulnmwapnkaurxfxqk

Any suggestion what can i add here to make it more nice for player ? :D, or its already look nice ? ;p

5.1st floor

mbtfwfpvzadpzikhwufrjebpflssckijjhktoubymmblpfjrcjzsdczfqzrcdqjnzratysemumnhfwyfupolavjshruvpoezytgt

6.2nd floor
gercfkpdjuegywodoolujwyrxpjufytsamwkhofpqdrgxjrrcrhelvyuihuqfzmfdxjofwbxggjnydjpuspflopcchelnhijudit

Last edited:
Looking good bro. Keep it up.

Add some interior items such as carpets, trashcans, boards, tables, chairs, flowers or maybe even water barrels.

Thanks alot im gonna add it and post new npc house on my rookgaard

Thats my very first project its just ratcave rookgaard, if u have any suggestion what can i do to make it look more friendly for players feel free to say that its my first project so i miss there a lot of thinks, i guess ;p

qpkcaebdnyjreryidhsggibdfobimeaqadjpzgzeowvadxluqphlpmrngudufwprdjnggdsoagrtroxklhcppimqqcjwnkehfbip

ixrfanzcfcaecppaohnteqjiknwyqbmsqqstbwamldyhmvtsegytltvreyeenmrcdsshwwwhithkvrdmjskdkkoyylweasdrvnmu

jdzmluenjrzdwhswscfqgnfregijgttbllnrtjukxdmtzdnudopkqakyqhtbzupffgdttxtemuagcgbxmgjmdnwehuxvqqxcdgqs

rsyqjkocaumyoneanrvqqlzsntjpfwojqqrdhsveryytilxhhmfbwpibauiroklbwtpcqxsamttacystksaulnmwapnkaurxfxqk

Stop using autoborder

Well it does not matter whether you use RAW or autoborder, when you place the borders 99% like the autoborder would do, then you're just watsting time

There is my first mountain hunt(dont check outsite mountain its in work). I hope its good.
10.Mountain hunt rookgaard
apxhrwncoaekovxnhllizfbijwykzgalraloykfjuhwnoblufwuzlfemrnbhcfgbldzuqathzgdnonhbtsdyuxmxklvqkzggtifm

just going to copy my comment here real quick:

Stop using autoborder

Well it does not matter whether you use RAW or autoborder, when you place the borders 99% like the autoborder would do, then you're just watsting time

just going to copy my comment here real quick:

Stop using autoborder

11. Spider cave (trying to use a bit raw)
ojgcsfawzzzejnzqmxffigbebchlboodvwououalptnfexutvqjppvfhxendbfzlelkjcjwyrainnfosnrqvhryhsmoojvafklwi

I see no place which couldn't have been autobordered. Just as seba2632 said, "Well it does not matter whether you use RAW or autoborder, when you place the borders 99% like the autoborder would do, then you're just watsting time".

Try to use the small stones too. You should start by working on your caveshape, take your time to really get it good looking. Then add new grounds and borders, and lastly add stones, cobwebs and other details (don't overspam them though).

Edit: I mapped the cave myself and made some pointers.

1. Mapping the shape with autoborder doesn't mean it looks horrible.
89c2bf6710689a968965c468d9434a94.png

2. Adding other dirt ground with autoborder (red marks) and using RAW to make the mud vary (orange).
241e1694d1bd676baf1dcfc354e5f36d.png

3. Deciding what details I want to use.
1ebaceeb0e51c942b0e0e5ed6c926417.png

4. Detailing with some unique places such as this one in the cave. There's some slime and mossy stones, grass borders with RAW and some grass tuffs and moss.
b2b9936185dbd035eecf1513b272cd2d.png

5. Adding an unaccessible tarantula just to make it more "alive".
ab5a01176f5903ce1b641e2ceaf5d472.png

6. Adding a poison spider room. Again, this is to make the cave more unique and to make it vary a bit.
7e31791f3019a878c3c1e9f44b346aaf.png

7. Final result.
UjNJrpf.jpg

This way you can still use autoborder and map quickly to explore different kind of areas to map. Now I know I'm not a good mapper myself either, but that's some useful hints I guess to help you get started.

I used autoborder for everything except the few grass borders and mud ground.

Last edited:
This way you can still use autoborder and map quickly to explore different kind of areas to map. Now I know I'm not a good mapper myself either, but that's some useful hints I guess to help you get started.

I used autoborder for everything except the few grass borders and mud ground.

ty for tips now im gonna try to use that by my self and post that here

12.I use ur tips and make troll cave, so guys its looks better ? (i hope u can see somethink from that far :D)
vgfwquzvcrvbhybdfjdtoknigmwnmyzvrofoskjtbeybgjpqdzswggvjjrjrudenmhixohcblbnfvwehtzhgcqlzentofwgtvbny

Looks alot better. I would say still to add some more "Ground clutter" Like small rocks and pebbles and maybe some debris ID 6476-6488

It looks better, but now you need to rethink how you create your spawns. If you're going to make a troll spawn, you have to imagine the whole scenario in your head: "trolls are humanlike... they eat, they piss, hey they probably drink a lot too, well they live in caves not houses... but still... they are like humans but dirty, in caves, they have dirty beds too...".

The structure of the cave is almost like square-ish, with "rooms". The map you made is a good hunting place ofc, but it doesn't really look that realistic.
The main thing you have to remember right now is just because you have x item on y place, doesn't mean that x item should be on z place too. For instance, the mushrooms you placed are placed all over the cave. Same with the strawbeds.

Look at this picture I made quickly, and look back at yours. Can you imagine a story behind my picture? Can you imagine a story behind yours? Which one is easiest to imagine a story on? And how many stories does each picture have?
2357f6c439ae0800d2c06a1f6ffb7311.png

I'll tell you a bit about mine. The troll at the troughs with urines is pissing right now, and he got himself trapped somehow. Their shit- and pissplace is so dirty that there is a poison field coming through the hole.

North-east they have a few beds and even a flower on the table! Wow, a flower! The other bed has fork on the nightstand, the filthy troll is eating in bed. Gross.

Of course there's a beer and wine cask, and a broken bottle too, because a drunk troll threw it there on the ground. They literally shit where they eat.
Yesterday they caught a wolf and a deer, that have been butchered by now. That's where they get their food from, which they cook on the oven close to the butcherplace. Sometimes they also grill the food to the west, where the dining tables are. They always have the fireplace lit though, even if they're not grilling... what can I say? They're pretty stupid these trolls.

South-west there's a switch that the trolls have no idea about. They've been there sometimes, but they think it's a useless place, and after a while there's been growing mushrooms there since no one enters that place.
Trolls are rich, according to the legend. Top north-west, we can see a hint of a treasure room. Oh, and where do you think they get their water from? Yep, the well at the center of the picture.
I don't even know what the south-east place is supposed to be, perhaps it's their filthy, dirty, disgusting storage room, in which they decided to build a ladder and a second floor down below. God knows what's down there. Maybe it's a room full of rats.

Now I know I exaggerated a bit... but meh. Keep on practising mate!

Last edited:
K i got the idea, thanks alot for that, im gonna now try to make somethink by my self

Damn man you are getting some super great feedback here. Im even learning some here.

Back