• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Bump Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beo

Three Magic
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi there!

I suggest implementing a "Bump button". This button can only be used every 24 hours since the last use and can only be used by the thread owner..

Didnt think much about this, just thought it would be a nice idea..

Haha. Thanks everyone for the support! :) Now for the Administrators to reply! ;)

It sounds like a good idea if it wouldn't be abused which I'm sure it will to mess up the forum. All forums will pretty much end up with random dead threads because someone bump those threads so it's not as simple as just changing the last post date. We need to be able to restore the last post date if the system is abused, we need to know who bumped the thread so we can punish the user if it is being abused. As it is now we can just delete the post and IMO it's working fine this way.

If such a plugin ever will be added, it won't happen before we have updated to vBulletin 4 anyway.

It sounds like a good idea if it wouldn't be abused which I'm sure it will to mess up the forum. All forums will pretty much end up with random dead threads because someone bump those threads so it's not as simple as just changing the last post date. We need to be able to restore the last post date if the system is abused, we need to know who bumped the thread so we can punish the user if it is being abused. As it is now we can just delete the post and IMO it's working fine this way.

If such a plugin ever will be added, it won't happen before we have updated to vBulletin 4 anyway.

What about if only the thread creator can bump it and only after 24hours?

I guess I looked through the thread too fast, but it will still have to wait until we have updated to vBulletin 4.

Nooooo!
I'd rather have extra post counts :(

Not signed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back