• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Buying Spells

cherife

Reaction score
What do you think about buying spells on otservers?
Do you like it? If not, why?

I think that its better for the RPG, you have to LEARN how to do the magic and not came out of rook knowing how to do all the magics.
Most of people enter on ots, to get the "top" and hunt like crazy, that sucks, so that kind of people will say that buying spells is boring. I dont know, maybe it is a litle. Anyways tell me what you guys think.

Depends on the server, if you got a low rate rpg server i think you should have to buy the spells.
But if you got a highrate server you can just leave it without buying spells.

Thats just my opinion, others might think differently.

well players really dont like to buy spells they just like to get the lvla nd pawn lol

I think that it's not good. It is good for RPG servers, but not for every server, for example PvP-E servers. Personally I don't like buying spells.

huge no, the buying spells was lost, due to the fact that u can just give every player the spell, they dont have any disadvantages to one another at all, you just need a level req and magic lvl req to use the magic now instead of buying them

thus why scrolls in tibia were removed in 7.0? i belleive

A serious RPG server needs that, i think.
But if you put that in a highrate server, it's just annoying for the players..
(ex. When you've leveled up, you need to buy the spells for that lvl, and if it's a highrate serv, you'll get many levels at ones.... it would be hard to run to the spells shop and buy many spells.....)

I think buying spells makes the game much funnier, you have to hunt to get cash to get spells to get runes and so on... I remember an old server Talaturen hosted which you had to buy your own spells on. It was one of the greatest ot's I've ever played :D

I think that buying spells in a otserver is boring and also the low exp rates because I play otservers for fun not to play the same shit that the real Tibia but with custom spells or GM's that are all the time next to you... I know that not everyone thinks like this, but this is my concept about otservers.

Cya,
Att: Genis

No way
you should get the spells as you advance in level and ml

and some of them by doing quests

I just got an idea!

Why not make new spells "quest loot"? This could add alot of fun into the game :D

If its a low-rate server and it HAS a FUTURE and its not just gonna end from day-to-night its a nice function... makes it a lot harder than normal

Buying spells isn't usefull on a high or low rate server for me, its just annoying. Specially on the beggining, when you can't train magic level on a server, where you just started.

Back