• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved [C++] ~ Source Edit Help Required ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advent

Custom RPG Maker
Reaction score
Hello, I need help with source edit things. I will try to explain everything in easiest way. Also I am going to try do it myself but I don't know how many time it will take for me to make it work.

1. Skills. I want to make player do not gain skill tries on hit. I did it with 0 ratio in config.lua but when I give player 1 skill level, after I hit anything first time I gain automatically 5 skill level.

Skills are :

FIST
SWORD
AXE
CLUB
SHIELD
DISTANCE

Last edited:
Search in source for:
Code:
void Player::addSkillAdvance(skills_t skill, uint32_t count, bool useMultiplier/* = true*/)

As I remember...

If you dont want player gain skills in anyway, maybe you should delete the whole function :p

- - - Updated - - -

Try this:
Search for:
Code:
void Player::onBlockHit(BlockType_t blockType)
Delete:
Code:
addSkillAdvance(SKILL_SHIELD, 1);

Search for:
Code:
bool Weapon::useFist(Player* player, Creature* target)
Delete:
Code:
player->addSkillAdvance(SKILL_FIST, 1);

Search for:
Code:
void Weapon::onUsedWeapon(Player* player, Item* item, Tile* destTile) const
Delete:
Code:
player->addSkillAdvance(skillType, skillPoint);

Should work :p

Last edited:
No, I am using Adding skills but if some conditions are filled actually. I dont want player to get any skill try on hit.

It works like this :

Ex : 34 Fist Fighting, you need 10042 (random number) skill tries to advance, 10042/100 = 1 %.

I want player to dont gain any try = he cant advance. 0 is always 0.

You should explain better what you need, you just said, you dont want player to gain skills..tell us what you need EXACLY :)
Thanks ;)

- - - Updated - - -

If you remove addSkillAdvance, players wont gain skills anymore, aint that what you need?

It was for skill TRY but it seems that its SkillAdvance thing. Thank you. I am going to check if it will work and reply. Rep for you :p

Yea, you can still use advancing via LUA , this just stops players skill advance by hitting with fist/weapon or shield advance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom