• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Can an OTServer actually get sued...?

Santy

Reaction score
Could an OT actually get sued for using copyrighted sprites like DBZ' or Chrono Trigger's? Could this be solved with some legal disclaimers or something?

I don't think so.

Lots of DBZ, pokemon servers are running, so I believe not.

Names and stuff would be trademarked, especially in Pokemon's case so I think if their creators wanted to, they would have the right to.

Well you could put a "pre"page on your site such as

"By clicking 'I Agree' you agree to everything stated below:
  1. You are not an employee and/or assosciate of Cipsoft, tibia and any Tibia or Cipsoft related organisation nor family member or acquaintance of the aforementioned. *insert any other copyright risk companys*
  2. You are not an employee of any law firm contracted with Cipsoft, Tibia and/or any other related organisation, nor family member or acquaintance of said firm.
  3. You do not currently play Tibia, or any other Cipsoft game, and are therefore not subject to their TOS or any other agreement with them.
  4. All of the information on this site is solely for social purposes, as the main purpose of this site is to provide people with a social experience. All programs and features used to create the following material are used primarily to attain the sole purpose of providing and not limited to a socially entertaining experience.

Click 'I Agree' if, and only if, you agree to ALL of the above terms."

Whether or not this will actually prevent any copyright lawsuits against you, it is probably the only thing you can do other than to not use copyrighted material.

Tho.. Cipsoft and other gaming (etc) organisations only sue those who profit. The saying is "If they have money and it's their fault, sue them"

Back