• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Can i compile tfs 1.2 without having Visual Studio?

do you have a laptop? can you just go to the nearest library and download it there?

(at least in Norway, all libraries have a free public wifi, also what country are you in?)
i live in africa so the rest is known 😂
the link u gave me seems not that large , u used it befor?

i live in africa so the rest is known 😂
the link u gave me seems not that large , u used it befor?
.. that's just the download manager. it let you choose which components of VS Studio you want installed, and then it will download & install those.
(VS Studio has tons of components, and if you install ALL of them then it's very big indeed. but if you ONLY install c++ support, i think it's closer to 2GB)

you don't need any of these to compile forgottenserver

disable.png

- in addition, you technically don't need the "Just-In-Time debugger", but if you ever want to debug custom c++ code, you should probably have it anyway.

also, i think you don't need the Win10 SDK, but i'm not 100% sure =/ anyone else knows?

you don't need any of these to compile forgottenserver

View attachment 36492

- in addition, you technically don't need the "Just-In-Time debugger", but if you ever want to debug custom c++ code, you should probably have it anyway.

also, i think you don't need the Win10 SDK, but i'm not 100% sure =/ anyone else knows?
when unchecking windows 10 sdk it became 3 GB , others does not affect the size

¯\(ツ)
well then i'm out of ideas.
i suppose you can ask a friend which doesn't have a bandwidth limit to download it and mail it to you on a DVD or USB stick, if you have one. - offline installers (suitable for putting on a DVD/usb stick) can be created, per Create an offline installation - Visual Studio (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/install/create-an-offline-installation-of-visual-studio?view=vs-2019)

(but at that point it would probably be better to mail a full linux VM with the complete compiler environment set up, and the VM installer (virtualbox? VMWare?), then you'd know 100% that you'll be able to compile it when it arrives, and you're not lacking large dependencies like boost-iostream and boost-whatever libraries which forgottenserver also needs)

Last edited:
Back