• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Can laptop host a server efficiently?

jayray

Reaction score
so can a laptop host a server well enough? i have 12gb of ram and new i7 processor and gigabit connection. will it run it as well as the desktop pc's?

so can a laptop host a server well enough? i have 12gb of ram and new i7 processor and gigabit connection. will it run it as well as the desktop pc's?

I have ran servers on a laptop, the only problem, is there is a little lag, but not to much

I have ran servers on a laptop, the only problem, is there is a little lag, but not to much

The lag has nothing to do with the laptop being a laptop, the server did probably just not get the ram it wanted or your internet connection was too low.

And you can of course host a server at a laptop, but it's not recommended as a laptop is not created for such purposes. The best way to find out is for you to try hosting, just keep an eye on the heat, if it would get to warm I would suggest you to move the server somewhere else.

The lag has nothing to do with the laptop being a laptop, the server did probably just not get the ram it wanted or your internet connection was too low.

And you can of course host a server at a laptop, but it's not recommended as a laptop is not created for such purposes. The best way to find out is for you to try hosting, just keep an eye on the heat, if it would get to warm I would suggest you to move the server somewhere else.

You could also buy an laptop platform to with extra fans and such ;o

Back