• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Can only Host Website on localhost!!

Zoriax_

Owner|Antarctica Ots
Reaction score
Hello everyone :) I have a little problem that I can not solve myself, so I need some help, when I try to use the ip as an http, it just link me direct into my routers websites, i wounder why its happends.

Could someone maybe helped me and solve this!

Thank you.!

What kind of router am using:
logo.gif

P8702N

Solution
What you are experiencing is a redirect loop.
You can only connect to yourself through your router. If you try to port to yourself then use for example 'www.tibiakingdoms.com', you will be redirected to your router, or it may simply not load, depending on your router.
If you wanted to stop using 127.0.0.1 , or, local:host.. you could modify your hosts file.. but technically your not changing anything, as it will still redirect to the same spot.

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
You could add these lines for example, and it would redirect to 127.0.0.1
127.0.0.1 tibiakingdoms.com

127.0.0.1 www.tibiakingdoms.com
First one is where it directs too.
Second one is what...
What you are experiencing is a redirect loop.
You can only connect to yourself through your router. If you try to port to yourself then use for example 'www.tibiakingdoms.com', you will be redirected to your router, or it may simply not load, depending on your router.
If you wanted to stop using 127.0.0.1 , or, local:host.. you could modify your hosts file.. but technically your not changing anything, as it will still redirect to the same spot.

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
You could add these lines for example, and it would redirect to 127.0.0.1
127.0.0.1 tibiakingdoms.com

127.0.0.1 www.tibiakingdoms.com
First one is where it directs too.
Second one is what will make it direct there.
This is mainly useful for seeing what it would look and feel like if you were outside your router attempting to access your website.

Solution
That simply means windows won't allow you to access or change the file.
Drag the file out of windows folders, onto the desktop, edit, then put it back.

Look in the router config and try to find something that mentions "remote configuration" or anything like that, then disable it and forward port 80. This should work.

You can also run notepad (or any other text problem you use to edit the hosts file) as administrator if you get that error.

Back