• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Canada] [8.60] DeathZot | 99% Custom Map | 22 Vocations | Over 200 New Items | Prestige | Dungeons

Server Website/AAC
http://deathzot.net
Server Address
deathzot.net
Server Port
Client Protocol
As for MC, just making it so you can only connect once with X IP would knock down most of it.

I normally don't like to get into these forum arguments but I just have to say, if you really believe this then you truly are ignorant to the real issue with mcing. After reading your past few posts, you also seem to be childish, egocentric, full of shit, and potentially trolling. I'm fairly confident based on my observations that what I am about to tell you will "go in one ear and out the other" so to speak, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt and explain anyway.

There is only 1 way to put an end to MCing in any game and thus far I have never seen a developer able to pull it off in the long term.
Every MMORPG ever created has gold farmers and these people MC (and bot) hundreds of clients doing arbitrary tasks that earn the character small amounts of gold. Each individual bot is not that efficient, nor that profitable, but together this "army" is able to create so much of an in-game currency that it literally causes said games currency to become nearly worthless.

The reason why we don't normally pay attention to this problem as much as in OPEN TIBIA is because in most games, equipment is bound to your account and gold isn't super important. The fact that someone can take $20 and buy a nearly unlimited supply of gold is irrelevant because they still need to put in the work to gear their character. This problem is also pretty irrelevant in modern day tibia (and to an extent most OTs) because gold has become so easy to obtain that it holds little real value aside from bragging rights. In Tibia gear can be traded, but isn't as much of a power increase as other MMOs. Coupled with the fact that there really is only 1 set of gear per vocation, this means mass MCing in tibia is less profitable and generally a waste of time.

So why is it such a problem in Deathzot? This question is really easy to answer actually... While the concept of Deathzots equipment system is really fun and addicting, it introduces a huge problem. Remember those gold farmers doing small tasks earning small amounts of gold? Well, think of a T1 item as a gold coin. The bot doesn't have to earn a lot of these "gold coins", it just needs to earn some and from there the numeric amount of bots can be increased until said player is happy with the result. This is all a bi-product of the easiest to obtain item being able to merge into the best item in the game.

So then why can't you just block people from logging into more than 1 character at a time?
This is actually the hardest possible thing any game developer will (probably not even bother to) attempt in their life.

There are only a few ways this can be achieved:
  1. Multiple connections from an IP are impossible.
  2. Multiple connections from a "hardware id" are impossible.
  3. Multiple connections from the mythical MAC address are impossible.
  4. The client refuses to open more than 1 instance.
  5. A large fleet of unbiased staff members play policeman.
  6. Each character requires a "membership" to log in.
Now here is why none of them work:
  1. IP address can easily be spoofed. In addition, by limiting connections per IP you are preventing people in the same household from playing at the same time. I say household, but it also includes any situation in which multiple people might access a game via the same IP (this includes software such as "pingzapper" meant to find a better connection to a game to reduce lag). Now your solution to this might be to allow say 2-3 connections per IP so those people can still connect. You would be right, that is a fantastic idea! BUT in Deathzot, 3 characters = 300% progression. This means someone that is running 3 characters will be progressing 3x faster than your 1 character and as such the problem isn't really solved.
  2. Hardware ID is actually a fantastic way to prevent MCing.... or it would be if it wasn't for the fact that it also can be spoofed. In fact, the majority of people that bot games with MCs are already accustomed to running each game client in its own virtual machine which bypasses the hwid completely.
  3. This is simply impossible to do.
  4. Tibia is the only game I've ever seen try to do this and it was bypassed instantly. Hell even our ip changers have this built in. Furthermore, virtual machines would also bypass this.
  5. I actually loled.
  6. This does actually reduce mcing immensely but I'd wager most people wouldn't even bother trying out an OT that is pay to play. It would however (coupled with method #5) make the staffs job much easier as far less people would be willing to risk a ban when they have paid to play.
There are several other creative ways to prevent multiple connections but at the end of the day when those methods are discovered by players they too would easily be bypassed. In Deathzots case, they would require a custom client anyway.

So that's it then... Deathzot will have MCing forever? Sadly the answer is yes. But it is not as though we have done nothing to minimize the effect of MCing. The orb system is specifically designed to give manual players an edge. I completely understand that someone manually playing + botting some mcs on the side will have an advantage but that is just the way it goes. In all fairness I am not a babysitter and creating OTs is a hobby. I enjoy creating interesting servers for people to explore. While all of my servers are PvP-Enabled, they are usually PvE focused. I also try my best to at the very least make PvP deathloss extremely forgiving. It is for this reason that I feel like the MC complaint is selfish and egotistical. Rather than worrying about what other people are doing, worry about yourself. Try to enjoy your own progression and compete with your friends. If one of your friends likes to mc 5 characters then simply don't compare your progression to his.

@Maou
At the end of the day, whether or not you find a game (including all of its flaws) enjoyable is completely up to you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and everyone has a different one. If you are not interested in Deathzot because ppl can MC then don't play it. If you don't think the server is "good" then don't play it. Also while you are at it, get the fuck out of our forum thread so people can actually have a useful discussion.

Last edited:
I'm agreeing with @Maou that being able to MC multiple characters ruins the server, for some people at least. I've made my peace that botting is the norm for Deathzot but being able to MC is what's lame. People would set up a ton of characters to bot on mining and a bunch more to bot in hunting areas. People that didn't MC wouldn't stand a chance against those players who did. But like it was mentioned, there is no "good" way to prevent MC. :/

I also wouldn't necessarily consider the players who use bots and MC "skilled" at Tibia. Sure you might be really skilled at scripting and setting up a bot, or setting up multiple characters to bot but that doesn't mean you're a pro at Tibia per say. You're just using programs to make yourself seem good. That's all Deathzot really turns into. Who has the best scripts and can bot the most characters. PVP doesn't take Tibia skill either because your bots do everything for you.

Xagul is one of the most creative and talented OT developers I have seen. I give him props for all the features he added in to make manual playing more fair. I actually gave the server a real shot last ERA and I was impressed with how fun it started out. I played almost all day every day and my tier was on par with the top players until t7/8 when I stopped playing. Won't have time to play but I'm curious how this ERA will turn out without keys!
Noone has said that ppl MCing multiple chars for money/gear ever was good, but when something is allowed/possible to do, some players will use it to their advantage, nothing more, nothing less

there are definitely things that can be done to reduce mcing though, but most ways are probably a mix of anti-community/intrusive/not guaranteed to always be perfectly correct

as for botting, in the servers current state there is not much of a gain to actually bot, other than that you can do other things while semi-watching ur char and just getting the loot and letting it hunt by itself, but its still less efficient than manually hunting (just less exhausting)
botting while ur not actually at the computer isnt really going to give you much other than some xp (which is also far less since you wont be taking xp orbs)

because making something bannable ever stopped players on tibia ... especially deathzot players who are fucking 99% elfbot users -.-...

Not really considering I'm one of the best tibia players that exists and don't need bots to help me.

Who are you?

I owned this server up to T7 when he allowed people to MC bot their gear last time I played, then I quit.
I only play OT's with 1 other person because I don't need big teams to rekt noob botters who think they are good, and it's hard to use hotkeys on 7.7- servers which is what I main unless custom OT's come out. ;)

Get good son, you dunno who I am so your "trash talk" holds no value to me.

Kid, if you can't stand up for yourself and post your character name, then your word means jack fucking shit.

My suggestions:
-more quests
-eq shouldnt be so op like t11 is 50% better than t10 lol it just doesnt have sense :)
-i think that it would be nice to reduce max tier to 7 (for example) and make eq harder to get (for example 1-2 items from uber/chest)
-delete some vocations (i just think that there is too many of them)
-add more islands or expand them which already exist (pandora is pretty small)
-add some loot to monsters (there is not actually any items beside eq/uber spells/valuable trashes/sms shop and some other shits)
plz no h8 im only 12

My suggestions:
-more quests
-eq shouldnt be so op like t11 is 50% better than t10 lol it just doesnt have sense :)
-i think that it would be nice to reduce max tier to 7 (for example) and make eq harder to get (for example 1-2 items from uber/chest)
-delete some vocations (i just think that there is too many of them)
-add more islands or expand them which already exist (pandora is pretty small)
-add some loot to monsters (there is not actually any items beside eq/uber spells/valuable trashes/sms shop and some other shits)
plz no h8 im only 12
I don't agree with having less tiers... the reasoning behind this is that it makes people feel like they are actually progressing and that they see a difference. Also you just complained about t11 being 50% stronger than t10..... say if there was only sets up to T7 each upgrade would have a huge boost, and that's legit what you just said made "no sense"

@Xagul (sorry for my unperfect english right here. tring my best)

I really quit tibia at the point you guys stopped updating.

I came back from time to time to check if you started a new project because, without trying to sound like a dick, 98% of the tibia servers up atm suck balls & most of the developers are shit.

You gave me hope in having an actually amazing tibia server. Always seemed very professional to me.

You really kicked that " professionality " into its own balls with how your last deathzot attempt ended.
You gave no update whatsoever, trying to reach you through the forum asking if there will be updates or what the hell is going on failed.

I know that in your situation I would have quit updating at some point. All you could do is add new classes and a new endgame area which would be accessed by the same people already at the last area and the big majority of people not catching up. I guess(well, no. I know) that the reset is the only thing this server wants but I would love to bring a little thing up in your mind,:

How will you change what failed last time?
We will never be bot free & you stated you want 8.6 to have everyone easy access to bots. im okay with that
Now there will allways be people who get a little excited about a game like your server and will for sure use an absurd amount of time to setup an absurd amount of characters farming just that amount of items to be maaany sets ahead of the others that after day 1 we will have people thausands of levels ahead. (okay sounds drastical but i guess this is how it will end up)
This will allways be the case and cannot be avoided.
Those people will end up in such a high area and with so many items that they can provide their friends a huge bonus which sets certian groups very far ahead and makes others feel like their wasting time when they compare their leveling / gearing speed to others.
How do you make the game successful in the long term?
Do you remember the 8.1 deathzot? remember how people fought for every single boss spawn to get item pieces together ?

I am not sure if this would work out, but maybe making a 180 degree jump in the other direction and instead of making every 2. monster drop items making them rare but more powerful would be a good idea.

In the end this would slow down the game by alot, make botting many more accounts/characters harder as you had to obtain those items first to bot and even then they are rare and it wont make that much profit.

I am not a developer and hell do i know little about what it takes for you guys to setup this server each and every time. But please, dont just go for it " yeah people will come and have fun anyway, we'll get out money" (not assuming you do it only for the money, sorry if i sounded biased), but try to make this a long term success.!

wish you gyus the best of luck and see ya ingame.

I would have to Agree Deathzot will be healthier without Keys.

I probably won't play but the next season will most likely be the best one.

Might as well do a wipe and get 200 players and then back to 10 players online again that's how all the servers get their players up hahahaha

Might as well do a wipe and get 200 players and then back to 10 players online again that's how all the servers get their players up hahahaha
You're retarded lmao you know how long it took for the server to get down to 10 players even when it was getting no updates. Even before he announced a wipe there was 30ish people online during the day

Last edited:
Back