• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hoster Canadian Hoster! Maybe you can use me.

gankme

Reaction score
(used Delirium's template for this xd)

My name is Gankme (rl name scott) And i am from ontario canada, i am looking to host an ot for fun D: i know how to map and script(not the best scripter but i can do it), im looking too host a Custom ot Server.. No Rl servers, and no Download and run :X
My computer's specs are:

* Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz
* 4GB RAM
* 1tb SATA Hard Drive
* Windows 7 Pro
* Connection speed: 14/1
* From Canada, Ontario

Code:
XxShallowxX;1117465]

1MB connection can handle 80-90 players with no lag.
Speedtest result link:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1075097217.png

pingtest:
http://www.pingtest.net/result/30524662.png

Yours,
Gankme

Last edited:
omg your connection very bad... just can handle 20/30 pp without lagg.. and nobody who's using your network can use any internet applications or your server get lagged.

omg your connection very bad... just can handle 20/30 pp without lagg.. and nobody who's using your network can use any internet applications or your server get lagged.

Not true.

2MB can handle 100-50 players with no lag.

Not true.

It's not a good idea to just barely be able to host the amount of players you want. You'll have no room for your server to grow and almost any home connection can DoS him and take his server down. Also gankme, remember that cogeco has a bandwidth limit of 125gb~ usually on most packages. If you plan to host a server, manage your bandwidth carefully because you'll easily go over your limit and owe 30-50$ extra per month. If you're paying that much anyways, you might as well buy a vps or cheap dedi for a bit extra and get couple tb of bandwidth and 100/100mbit.

I'm also from Ontario, our upload speed, bandwidth limits and isp's are a joke.

i know, but i could support a server till enough has been earned. for a VPS

Not true.

80-90 neighbors, maybe. If he's got 1mb upload within 50 MILES radius, he's only got 1mb for those people. If people try to connect to his server from any further, any other country, he's fucked..

Back