• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Cannot connect to the game server

Tazzonny

The Bestest
Reaction score
SOLVED-Forgot to change to the new IP in config.lua

it was all working fine, we then took a break from developing and now that we got the server back up it won't let me in
Code:
Cannot connect to the game server 
Error: Connection timed out. (10060)

Character list loads fine though.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Since you have a thread about the same problem ill post here.
I set my router, forwarded all ports TCP/UDP 7171 and 71712
Set my actual IP address xxx.xxx.xx.xx in the config file.
When i try to connect to it from my laptop it wont let me in, connection refused.
It may be that I am trying to connect from inside the network? rather than from an external computer? I think this was a problem before, any suggestions?

I have the same problem.. port open for 7171 and 7172 for TCP/UDP and i cant login but character list loads up?

Me to, website and character list works from anywhere. I can login with 127.0.0.1 and my global IP from the server computer.

But not from my laptop (same router network), and my friend can't login either. We get the "Error: Connection refused. (10061)" message.

7171, 7172 and 80 is open towards my static IP-adress. I set "ip" in config.lua to my global IP.

So the router isn't letting anyone get in through port 7172 even though I opened the port, set the server to listen to it and disabled all firewalls. I have AVG Free installed but the firewall isn't activated.

and... disabling AVG enables me to login from my laptop

But my friend is now getting a "Connection timeout" message. doukana?

Any idea anyone? Would be very greatful!

Back